lincoln ls

uknowmehfo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
friend of mine has a LS. starts up with foot on gas. runs fine. no sputter or anything .

he has stated.

said once foot is off the gas. dies.

what could be cause of this?

What year is this LS? (It makes a big difference in the answer.) If it is 2002 or less, then it is likely to be a stuck IAC, or the IAC hose disconnected.
If it is 2003 to 2006, then it is probably a bad MAF, or an air leak to the intake manifold.

What year is this LS? (It makes a big difference in the answer.) If it is 2002 or less, then it is likely to be a stuck IAC, or the IAC hose disconnected.
If it is 2003 to 2006, then it is probably a bad MAF, or an air leak to the intake manifold.

let me contact him and check. post in a min.

damn noticed u were from GPT... i live in Ocean springs.... i owned 4 ls .. none anymore. but i might pick this up from my buddy for cheap.

I have two right now. I'm happy with both of them.

2000 lincoln LS
3.9 v8
135k miles

said that he does not have a tube that goes in the back by the intake.

said that the engine was lock up when he got the car. put new engine in it but did not have that tube in the back manifold. he said to some sensors?

said he took it around the block and it started to overheat a bit.

???

any insight?

i want to trade him a acura integra i have. but i am not sure if it's worth a trade.

l_2fc46659fbd1abeff2e1a3cd47328415.png

l_4f41ff2f7b9f83553e6ed9bc02a09604.png

l_6f794c879bcc999b09ed1eefb8c90208.png

here is my old lincoln. was pretty nice car. i use to be around gpt alot in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYZrdUvcuJ4
here is a video of it

We were just looking @ that LS on some website. I am not sure who posted it, but it was a somewhat recent thread. I think it was for sale.

Members online

No members online now.
Back