lincoln ls turbo

Typically you loose enough energy from a rear mounted turbo that I've seen .48 exhaust side t3 running a 350... where if it were mounted under the hood you would probably be running an .82 exhaust side or larger.

Heat is power for a turbo, the expanding gasses drive the turbin, and if its cool, that means they've all expanded already.

makes sense. thanks both of you for clarifying!

mike
awesome work... i know the complexites also... just did the rear mount turbo on my ranger 4.0l... no boost lag... too quick actually... i have been wanting to put twins on my 2000 lsv8 , the packaging is much simpilier than the roots or screw , not to mention efficiency and power gains. smart use of the meserie pump, i got mine from sts... since we are a dealer rick sold me just the pump after some pleading... never thought about water pumps... did you get a vacuum on the suction side and how did you restrict the pressure side... i used holley jets since they are common... did you have oil accumulate after shut off, i did.. i think i needed a pressure check to stop oil flow after the engine was shut off and this would have solved it... that was my only issue.... it is fun to blow away rice cars with my ranger on 39.5's, you should see the looks from these kids as they are powershifting third and i'm still right next to them laughing... it is awesome to hear from another turbo junkie out there... keep it out back too, why clutter up a perfectly good engine compartment... by the way, when did you get full boost by (rpm), mine is off right now because it spooled too fast, 8 psi by 2500 rpm in fourth, turbo was too small, excessive ebp, was thinking t04e p-trim might be too much.....lol

For those who are excited about the turbo project from ILLS, this is definetly the way to go if you are want to boost the LS.

For those who are excited about the turbo project from ILLS, this is definetly the way to go if you are want to boost the LS.

Holy old thread Batman!!! :D

A turbo is the only smart way to go with FI in the V8 LS.

Hey ILLS, shouldn't you be in your garage working on that kit?? ;)

Hey ILLS, shouldn't you be in your garage working on that kit?? ;)

I peek my head out every now and then to post on the various forums I am a member and/or vendor of. Stop talking to me on the forum and I will not have to post replies back to you. ;) Now you just delayed the turbo project by at least 3.5 minutes!!! :mad:

;)

I was looking over the pictures of the turbo project by mikepietras04 and i noticed his MAF was installed on the intake side of the turbo... i thought it should be installed on the charge pipe after the IC. That way the computer could register the newly compressed air. Could this be why his atempt didn't turn out so well?

I was looking over the pictures of the turbo project by mikepietras04 and i noticed his MAF was installed on the intake side of the turbo... i thought it should be installed on the charge pipe after the IC. That way the computer could register the newly compressed air. Could this be why his atempt didn't turn out so well?

No. You can do drawthrough MAF placement on a FI car and be just fine as long as you have the IATS (Intake Air Temp Sensor) after the turbo to give an actual reading of the aircharge temp. You will have to change a few things in the tuning but nothing too unmanageable. I chose to do blowthrough (MAF in relatively stock location) with a 4" intake tube so that my stock MAF will be able to meter the additional aircharge without pegging and so that when I do a BOV I can vent to the atmosphere instead of recycle the already heated aircharge. Keep in mind that I have the slot-in MAF meter, not the older style Ford ones that have their own housing. Doing blowthrough is harder to get right for tuning purposes though. It is usually harder to tune because any air turbulence can wack the MAF out and give false readings. That is why you have to keep all intake bends and transitions to a gradual transition for at least the last 12"-16" before the MAF sensor itself. If you do a 90 degree bend right before heading into the MAF it will throw the signal all haywire and the MAF counts will look more like a punk rockers haircut then more of a smoother mildly jerky curve.

Mike's car failed because he wasn't able to tune it properly, didn't look like the best QC was practiced by the way he described things, and lastly I do not think his oiling system was up to snuff or configured correctly. I didn't really see the specs on the turbo besides generalities so depending on what turbine housing he had compressor wheel and so on will also be big factors on if those were another possible cause to his problems. Overall for the time it was a damn good effort. I definitely tip my hat to him for trying and sort of succeeding.

I'm going to be having a V6 kit developed. I've been working with a few local shops down in South Florida to do so. Should turn out real nice too. The 1 custom fabrication shop that I usually go to has done lots of custom turbo kits. Including a Twin Turbo 2006 Mustang GT that made over 500 rwhp on only 6 PSI. If the car had a built up motor they could have gone more boost.

I peek my head out every now and then to post on the various forums I am a member and/or vendor of. Stop talking to me on the forum and I will not have to post replies back to you. ;) Now you just delayed the turbo project by at least 3.5 minutes!!! :mad:

;)

:wrench

Members online

No members online now.
Back