Modifications:
Alcon Grand Am GT brakes.
OMP Pista K racing seat.
OMP SuperQuadro steering wheel
OMP 6 point safety harness
Riley Technologies rear wing
Pirelli PZero Corsa tires 285/30 18 front 315/30 18 rear
H&R Special Springs
Fikse Wheels 18 x 10 front/18 x 12 rear (special offsets)
Street Smart Design cold air intake
Motorcity Speedcraft Aero kit (air dam, rockers, wheel flares, rear sash panels)
Motorcity Speedcraft Brake ducts
Motorcity Speedcraft 3" exhaust (no mufflers)
Autometer Competition Gauges

The car is currently appx. 600 lbs. lighter than stock, with plenty of room to remove more.

Courtesy of Marc Gerstenberger

LincolnLS@SEMA-01.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-02.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-03.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-04.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-05.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-06.JPG

LincolnLS@SEMA-07.JPG

Bah, just another ordinary 14 second ride... I thought he would atleast have some engine work done, maybe a SC or Turbo? Come on now...
:ban

I agree with Stra on that one....NO engine mods....>WTF!!!

Also....WTF is that bleacher bench seat rear wing on that thing.....talk about RICE......that thing is HORRIBLE to say the very least.....

Other than no engine mods, and that :q :q :q ugly arsed rear wing.....the car is hot.....from what I can see.

Also....WTF is that bleacher bench seat rear wing on that thing.....talk about RICE......that thing is HORRIBLE to say the very least.....

Now you see that HORRIBLE things can happen when it is in the wrong hands... I do like the tires tho...

Well - there is a modified exhaust and air intake.

I dont know just how much you can do for engine mods. My understanding is that you cant get the chip reporgrammed - thanks to Lincoln - and because of that your very limited as to what you CAN mod on the engine.

I agree with the exterior, it looks great - but the picnic table on the trunk has to go.

actually since its mass air there is plenty you can do w/o touching the eec tables

you'd just have to live with the stock maps which isn't much of a problem at all...its also possible that you might be able to modify a 4.6 timing adjuster to work on the 3.9

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. Joey, if you would be so kind, please post a pic of the interior showing the roll cage so folks can see that this is a race car. Unlike a street car the LS-R is set-up to perform only one function- generate the shortest lap times possible. The Riley Technologies wing and the rest of the aero kit are there to this end, so sorry if it doesn't appeal to our sense of taste. FWIW the wing looks even nastier with the wicker installed and if the rules allowed placing it higher into the airstream coming off the roof it would stand taller and look even worse. The aero kit will be produced on a limited basis but the wing is proprietary.

As far as engine mods, I can only say that if you have sufficient funding Mr.Yates might oblige.

You can't tell from the photos but it is not nice to drive anymore, either. The concensus would certainly be that the driving experience on the street sucks, and NVH is terrible. However at competitive speeds the LS-R is quite driveable. The spring/shock/aero package is set up specifically for this purpose of having a performance advantage over the next car. The engineers looks at lap times more so than what anyone says. They don't even listen to sponsors...

Regards,
Marc Gerstenberger

It's understood the "wing" has a purpose, but it does really take away from the looks of what otherwise is a very sexy looking LS. However, that is only a matter of personal taste. Anyways, I bet it'll scorch any ricer on the road, even with that "wing" and it is a rear-wheel drive car,so it does at least, have validity. The car looks sweet anyways!

Marc - great job.

What have you done to the suspension?

You mentioned the aero-kit would be limited production - where does the line form?

Looks like a manual in it? - on a V8?????

I also would like to know if the aero kit is going to be available and if it would fit earlier model of the LS? I will be second in line behind Quik!!

Randeaux said:
It's understood the "wing" has a purpose, but it does really take away from the looks of what otherwise is a very sexy looking LS. However, that is only a matter of personal taste. Anyways, I bet it'll scorch any ricer on the road, even with that "wing" and it is a rear-wheel drive car,so it does at least, have validity. The car looks sweet anyways!

Scorch any ricer on the road? Please. I doubt that thing could even keep a factory stock SRT-4 in sight let alone compete with any serious "ricer" cars like a STi or EVO. It's a sharp looking car (with the exception of the wing) and I'm certainly sure it generates some bench-racing talk amongst LS owners but you need to get real.

I am currently exploring appropriate vendors to tool this bodywork and do an initial run of 100 units, with a second 100 unit run to follow. I will keep you guys updated by means of this board as soon as I have an ETA on a ready-to-ship date. I am a liconlnvscadillac.com member so Private messages may be the best way to discuss details.

I guess that makes me 3rd in line for the aero kit, but I am more interested in the CAI. There hasn't been a CAi for the 2003 and up yet so makes me very interested.

if the corvette doesn't need a spoiler to run a 12 second 1/4, why does a 14 second lincoln need one the same size as the 16 year old down the block? With that spoiler, they should just add some fart cans and yellow paint stripes...

caddyshack17901 said:
if the corvette doesn't need a spoiler to run a 12 second 1/4, why does a 14 second lincoln need one the same size as the 16 year old down the block? With that spoiler, they should just add some fart cans and yellow paint stripes...
it's not meant to be a 1/4er but a grand-am cup road racer - http://www.grand-am.com/

all the sedans have these goofy big spoilers to keep them planted.

even your vette -
david_farmer.jpg

Last edited:
Kutz CAI Installed

Here are some pic of the installation on my 2004 LSE.

LSE Kurtz Filter1.JPG

LSE Kurtz Filter2.JPG

George,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I didn't want to post any pictures from LLSOC on here. The intake looks good! I bet it runs and sounds better.

Hi Marc,

Sorry you took a little heat with the whale tail. I guess it's because your car would be a sweet street ride without it.

Got a question for you.
Do you have an comparitive lap times yet with other cars like Vettes, BMW's, Lexus's, Firebirds, etc?

I know there are differences in the drivers, but let's assume all the drivers are equal for this example.

I'm just curious to hear how competitive the car is with a 600 pound weight reduction.

BTW, sharp car!

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

Thanks for posting those pictures. I didn't want to post any pictures from LLSOC on here. The intake looks good! I bet it runs and sounds better.

That's actually NOT a good installation. Everyone needs to remember that a CAI (Cold Air Intake) system depends heavily on proper installation to give you any gains at all in power. With improper installation (as in the picture above) it's actually quite possible to end up with a DECREASE in power. Always remember that a CAI MUST be in a place where it gets COLD AIR, not recirculated engine heat.

Katshot said:
That's actually NOT a good installation. Everyone needs to remember that a CAI (Cold Air Intake) system depends heavily on proper installation to give you any gains at all in power. With improper installation (as in the picture above) it's actually quite possible to end up with a DECREASE in power. Always remember that a CAI MUST be in a place where it gets COLD AIR, not recirculated engine heat.

Kevin,

I'm getting tired of this. Go to Kurtz Kustomz Motorsports FAQ section and see their explanation of why they don't call it a 'cold air intake'.

http://www.kustomz.com/faq.html

If you're too lazy to click on it then here is their position on the CAI:

Q: Why is the True-Rev Induction system not labeled as a cold air kit.
A: Our Testing has shown underhood air temperatures when driving down the road to be a few degrees warmer than outside air . With these results, we do not feel it is necessary to put restrictions on incoming air to the filter, by placing costly shields or ducting in our induction systems which would cause more restrictions.

Now if you want to take up the product with them then I'd suggest you contact them. I'm in no way affiliated with KKM so I'm not taking sides other than reporting information about THEIR product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back