Lincoln LS KBB value discussion.

captainkneecap

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I decided to look up the KBB value of my LS the other day and was shocked at how low it was compared to the newer models. The value of the 2003 LS is actually much closer to the first generation 2002 LS. I sent in a complaint to KBB because as everyone knows the LS received a host of improvements for the 2003 model year, so given the same condition, miles, etc why is the 2003 valued within $100 of a 2002, but around $1500 less than a comparable 2004? I selected roughly the same options on each year and I know they are not 100% accurate but the values from year to year are all very close except for the change from 2003 to 2004 where we see a massive change. Also for 2003, it offers only 1 trim level and you must select options, whereas the first gens all have V6 and v8 trims, and the other second gen years show base and sport trims. Let me say I am aware that because of mileage impacting values differently over the years that they are not dead accurate comparisons, but I believe there is enough evidence to prove the massive discrepancy in value from 2003 to 2004 is due to an error on the part of Kelly blue Book.

Below are the current values i calculated on KBB

2000.jpg

2001.jpg

2002.jpg

2003.jpg

2004.jpg

2005.jpg

2006.jpg

im disappointed in the value of this car but on the other hand I can pick up 4 to 5 of these bad boys for the price of a new car :)

are you kidding me, I love how devalued this car is...

I was able to buy a $45k car for less than a quarter of that price with only being about 5 years old and bit little over 50k on the clock.

that's hard as hell to do with a car that holds its value better like a corvette.

maybe they devalued the 03 more because it had more problems being the first year of so much new stuff?!?

regardless, sounds like the 03 is a better value for buyers...

Bought mine new and would never trade or sell it (just hit 20k miles a few weeks ago), so its "value" doesn't really matter to me. However, out of curiosity, I do check eBay every now and then to see what 2006 models are going for.

Bought mine new and would never trade or sell it (just hit 20k miles a few weeks ago), so its "value" doesn't really matter to me. However, out of curiosity, I do check eBay every now and then to see what 2006 models are going for.

That might be the winner for lowest mile LS to date. If you have an 06 that's 2,500k miles a year. Grocery store must be close

lol, I put 100k on mine since I bought it.

she got bought to be driven and enjoyed.

and she has...

...ofter!

Overall I understand that the values on these are ridiculous considering the original price but doesn't it seem weird that the 03 is valued so much lower? There weren't that many problems, and other than adding the LSE there is no difference between the two

Overall I understand that the values on these are ridiculous considering the original price but doesn't it seem weird that the 03 is valued so much lower? There weren't that many problems, and other than adding the LSE there is no difference between the two

It wasn't like that a couple months ago which leads me to believe it's an error. NADA is a little more accurate. Regardless the values are just suggestions, there's not a lot of clean examples left. The good ones I see go for more than what they're valued.

Members online

Back