Lincoln LS custom LED taillights made

going to get the pics right now sorry bout the wait had a bad day yetserday so they should be up uin 10 mins or so

here are the pics of the lights cars really dirty and needs to be cleaned.. lemme know what u think of the lights

DSC01646.JPG

DSC01647.JPG

DSC01648.JPG

DSC01649.JPG

Hey man not to sound like i'm giving negative remarks but i think u could of did a better job looks like u just thru it up. Looks like u have some kind of skill so i would come up with somthin else. I like the idea but not the design

I applaud your efforts and originality.

with that said, it's not my taste. Some of the LED's appear to be misaligned slightly, which takes away from the overall look.

And I am not certain the overall brightness/visibility is the same as stock. Personally, I want as much visibility as possible to avoid someone from rear-ending me.

With that said, not my style. But again, I applaud your efforts.

at night these are 10x brighter then the stock taillights. I know some of them are missalgined cause i plan on doing it a better set of taillights these were my old ones which u might be able to see on the drivers side theres a hole from some ass with a pellet gun so i just did this a prototype and will make a better one that is alligined and a different pattern

thats really interesting man .. great idea.. i would even think about purchasing a pair if it was to be sold after it was dont to almost no defect.. very different look.. good job though man.

I like them. I also like chrome. My 71 stang is black/argent and chrome. Black/chrome is always a good combo if you ask me.

Right idea, wrong application.

Do you have the message center on your car? If so, then how do you solve the problem of the "brake / tail lamp out" message?

Great idea and change, its just missing something, maybe if it had more LEDs and was not so gappy between the LEDs but great job and the willingness to do this. If there was a aftermarket w/ a more refined look but definately could be seen as not your typical LS tails I would no doubt have an order placed.

Why not try and add some more LEDs to it? Definetly something new.

WOW I am coming out retirement to tell you, better luck next time. Sorry I am not be too rude but looks like arts and craft time at school went on in the back of your ride. I agree I think you get A for effort, I would try installing them inside the lense. Just my opinion thats all, good luck!

I too compliment you on your efforts and originality, but I do not like it. Having your turn signals done was kinda cool and different, but this just don't do it for me. Maybe taking the chrome pieces off of the lights and adding more LED's would make it look. Then again, to each his own.

I wonder if you can separate the tail lights like the headlight lenses? Inserting white LED's into the chrome would be brighter and keep the stock appearance. I'd also like to see some pics of the wiring job you did to stitch all those together.

hey good idea even though i dont like it but its fresh and new -- i will agree to have the LED behind the lenses

The efforts are appreciated I mean that is unique but do not show and tell us your car is dirty. Take a few minutes and clean that rear end. I mean you gotta represent with the best possible pics when your showing something off. For example, night pictures maybe would look a lot hotter so you should provide that and daytime pics.

This topic really interests me and has helped me to think out of the box... so to speak. I've tried the replacement LED bubls that fit in the stock location, but they are not bright enough and they trip my "check XXXX lamp" indicator on the message center.

I took out my R tail lamp and I think it would entirely possible to install them from the inside. This way, you could use white LED's which are cheaper and brighter, and the setup would use the stock reflectors to amplify the light. This also opens up the opportunity to cusomize the lights to make them work the way you want. You could (probably) wire them so they all work together or just install and wire them so they operate in the same manner as the stock lamps

But, I need to know some things about LED's to make this work... We need to have the LED's shine brighter for a directional signal and for a brake light. How is this done, by illuminating more LED's or is it by simply adding more current to the existing LED? I don't imagine they work like a dual fillament bulb. Anyone shed some light (pardon the pun) on how LED's work like this?

Also, how are the LED's installed. Can you simply drill through the back of the tail lamp housing the same diameter as the LED and afix them in place with some epoxy?

So, I drew up a quick image below of how I think this could work. The problem, as I stated above, is how to have the brake lights and directional lights shine brighter than just the parking lights. Also, the LED's for the parking lights have to be bright enough to see the car at night and in poor weather. And the brake / directional lights have to be much brighter than the parking lights to distinguish them as such.

Help yourself to comments and suggestions.

lsledlight.jpg

OK, doing some quick reading on LED's and a few more questions...

Should I use a lower (16000) mcd bulb for the parking lamp LED's and a higher (30000) mcd bulb for the brake and directionals?

What is the deal with resistors and LED's? I'm not sure what I'd need to use to make these work with a 12V car electronic system... that is if the lamps in the rear need 12V when they are lit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back