Lincoln ls coolant temp sensor

#Jeff504lsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new coolant temp sensor the new one that's in the second pic is different threads it will only screw in maybe a thread or 2 then stop I don't want to force it. The old one I pull out is the 1st pic the one with the red sealant on the threads can any one tell what's going on with this it's 2005 v8 someone replaced motor in it a year ago

Screenshot_20200630-113856~2.png

Screenshot_20200630-114010~2.png

I ordered a new coolant temp sensor the new one that's in the second pic is different threads it will only screw in maybe a thread or 2 then stop I don't want to force it. The old one I pull out is the 1st pic the one with the red sealant on the threads can any one tell what's going on with this it's 2005 v8 someone replaced motor in it a year ago

View attachment 828574401

View attachment 828574402
Is the new plug the same brand and part # as the original? Just by looking at both of them I can see some differences...are the thread size the same?

Look this part number up Xr8f-6G004-AB that is the one with red thread sealer that was in the car. Now the problem I have now is every part store pulls up one for 2005 ls v8 it's the one in the second picture an that one only will screw it a thread or 2 an stop

The 2 sensors you are showing... most likely have a different thread pitch... to prevent installing the wrong sensor in the wrong spot.

As Dutch pointed out... does the connector plug into the sensor?

You might want to contact your local Ford dealer to verify the part #.

In fact... you might, (to be safe), just want to buy it from them... and ask nicely for a discount.

Or buy it from FPG.

I did a part # search with the xw4z part # on Rock Auto... and 4 options came up. One was OEM Motorcraft at $45.

When you went to your local parts store... did you ask for a coolant temp sensor... or cylinder head temp sensor? I'm guessing the goofballs behind the counter don't know the difference.

Members online

No members online now.
Back