Lincoln LS Alarm ?

cabaret

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im new to the forum and I was thinkink about purchasing an 05 Ls in the near future. The questions I have are about the alarm system. 1) How does it work and what does it cover in terms of the car? 2) Are u guys & gals on here happy with the factory alarm? 3) I was interested in remote start, & was wondering if I should just get it installed via the factory as a stock accessory? 4) If no to question #3, then what aftermarket system do u folks recommend? 5) Are u happy with ur aftermarket alarms?

Sorry if this seems like a lot. I just cant seem to get any feedback on the alarm system on this vehicle. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I added a Clifford Matrix 3.5 RSX to mine. It's got the 2 way pager remote, remote start, 4 extra sirens, back up battery, plus the regular shock sensors and stuff. I had the alarm in my other vehicle, part of the deal when I got the LS was that they would pay to have it switched over, which took a shop about 13 hours of labor. He said the LS is the most difficult alarm install he has ever done.

Unless you have a lot of money to have one installed, I would just stick with the factory, get the remote start from Lincoln if you want one.

PVentimiglia said:
dont mean to be the stinch, but your thinking about buying a car and your worried about its stock alarm?
I'm not necessarily worried, I just would like to get some more info on it. For example, what does the system do in the event of an attempted break in. A person can never be "too worried" when it comes to ANY financial investment, especially of an above - average priced vehicle like the LS.

13 hours!? I would lose my job if it took me 13 hours to install a starter/alarm! The LS realy isn't a difficult vehicle.

There are a few minor hurdles, but not too difficult.

The ignition harness only supplies a 10 amp constant, so you need to get your constant power at the 8awg wire connected to a lug in the drivers kick for power.

The locks are neg. trigger, but are located in the drivers door @ the DDM, simply run two wires through the boot in the door jam, these wires also arm/dissarm the factory alarm, and control the window/moon roof open/close feature by latching the neg. trigger. I programmed two of my auxillary outputs for a 10 second latch so I can remotely open/close my windows. Trunk release is also neg. trigger, and is located at the release button.

The LS is also equipped with a Transponder key immobilizer. This can be bypassed durring remote start by two methods: Putting a spare/valet key in a transponder bypass unit hidding under the dash with a loop around the ignition cylinder. Or, if you choose not to give up a key, you can purchase a module that contains the "chip" only that you can easily program yourself (two valid keys needed for programming).

The LS also has isolated door trigger (so the car knows which door is open), to get around this you simply diode isolate the dors with 4 diodes coming to a common output.

I can do a fully loaded starter and alarm combo on an LS in under 2 hours. (fully loaded means door locks, trunk release, immobilizer bypass, impact sensor, and all standard wiring). So I wouldn't let this vehicle scare you, I say go for it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back