Lighting control module

gened33

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I had this module go bad. Car runs but no lights,wipers,signals,windows,interior fan, radio etc. I swapped in my other Marks module and everything listed came back, even the sunroof opened! However the car will not start and the theft light blinks quickly. Does anyone know how to remedy this extremely irritating problem? Thank you everyone, Gene.

i assume its a 97 or 98 and you put the scil module in from a doner and that is why it wont start because now it doesnt recognize your ignition key. tow it to the dealer and have it reprogrammed or take the ignition cylinder out of the same doner car and swap it into your car, it needs to match the scil module from whatever car you got it from.

And the Johnny Cash man rocks the forum again! Wisdom pearls like this are what make LvC so priceless.

Light module. Yes Wisdom rules!

Thanks for the info I am going to try swapping the ignition cylinder today or tomorrow hopes this works cause the black LSC is mint with the exception of this horrifically irritating problem. Thanks again guys for the wisdom. I hear of people upgrading computers on these cars but this is ridiculous! G.

i assume its a 97 or 98 and you put the scil module in from a doner and that is why it wont start because now it doesnt recognize your ignition key. tow it to the dealer and have it reprogrammed or take the ignition cylinder out of the same doner car and swap it into your car, it needs to match the scil module from whatever car you got it from.

is this the module mounted under the heater core behind the glove box ? if so, would this make my alarm go off for no reason after i replaced said module?

its a silver module behind and to the right of the glovebox with 4 harness's going into it, it very well could be your alarm problem or you have a bad alarm hood switch, thats the spring loaded rubber button on the inside of the right front inner fender next to your air box under the hood.

changed the hood switch with another one and still does the same thing; a few weeks ago as i drove down the road my lights would flicker on and off, i totally disconnected the headlight switch and dimmer , they still flickered....heard clicking from a box mounted under the heater core behind the glove box, changed it out and no more light issues,BUT i can't set the alarm because after a few it goes off on its own, I can't even use the door lock buttons on the door or it somehow sets the alarm and after a few it goes off

Why do you keep waking up year old threads? I'm starting to think you're a troll

Why do you keep waking up year old threads? I'm starting to think you're a troll
birds of a feather...?
____
at the rents for holiday 'cheer'...too many Hallmark movies
plus
that 'Gen2...PATS' thread got me looking into SCIL

Members online

No members online now.
Back