Light For Shift Letters

APOLLO24

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My light on the letters where the shift knob is went out. Anyone replace this before? How do you remove that piece without breaking any clamps? :wrench

APOLLO24 said:
My light on the letters where the shift knob is went out. Anyone replace this before? How do you remove that piece without breaking any clamps? :wrench

haha same thing happened to me... sometimes they flicker on and off when i tap it, and sometimes they just stay off... weird, let me know if you find out any info

yes - pull the back of the console off, then pull the top of the console off

The shifter plate just pull up and off - you'll see the bulb underneath. I can't remember if it's LED or not.

Quik LS said:
yes - pull the back of the console off, then pull the top of the console off

The shifter plate just pull up and off - you'll see the bulb underneath. I can't remember if it's LED or not.

Hey Quik, i just took my bulb out, its a regular bulb i dont think its LED... its jus so damn tiny! is anybody gonna even sell a bulb this small? and do you have any idea what model number it is, like the domes are 211s and the glove box bulb is a 194...

also, is the whole dash lit up with these little bulbs? like behind the radio numbers and the climate control numbers, cause i have a few little things that are out in my dash, maybe i can replace the bulbs behind it?

Check an 1895 bulb. I think those are commonly used for dash lights.

there wer 2 different kinds... a 34 and a 74 both wer Sylvanias... went crazy looking for them just now because nobody had them, finally found them at Advanced Auto Parts... i went with the 34 because it had the green fuse or whatever in the middle of the bulb... the 74 had a blue in the middle, didnt know the difference and neither did the guy, i thought it was color but he said no...

Members online

No members online now.
Back