lexol

mark0101

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been using this after I got the cracks on my town car seat. :Bang My question is that, will these cracks go away if I keep using this?

mark0101 said:
I have been using this after I got the cracks on my town car seat. :Bang My question is that, will these cracks go away if I keep using this?
No, but they won't get any worse. Once leather cracks, there really is no cure unfortunately short of reupholstery.

Stephan said:
No, but they won't get any worse. Once leather cracks, there really is no cure unfortunately short of reupholstery.
I got cracks in all my car but they are very little one. There is a repair kit from lexol but cost 70$. I have all different colors (interior) in my cars and I don't want to spend that much money on little cracks. If I am going to get a repair kit, Its going to be for the continental because it has 125000. At least its is not ripped.

post pictures.. i wanna see what youre talking about(the leather being cracked)

I will take some more pics but you can see the cracks on the front of the seat and the side of the seat.

DSC05511.JPG

just normal creases but can't I remove it for the seat? I want it to look like how it was when I bought the car from the dealership. The pics is showing more creases then it really is. (It was take at night)

did it reduced the cracks in the seat or made it just softer. It might have done a littlle on my car. I need to see your pics

I don't think it reduces the cracks, they are cracks after all.. It does look like the cracks are smaller though. It's kind of like an illusion, the leather is cleaner so it looks like there are less cracks. The leather is a little softer, and Lexol really brings out the shine. I also used Lexol on the door panels, works awesome!!

i was using mequairs for the longest time... but it doesnt seem to do much in terms of protection..

i bought some lexol wipes and theyre a little better.. so ill spring for the bottles in a few days and see what i think then.

After 7 years of using several brands of leather conditioner I've finally wised up and tried Lexol! The Lexol soaks into the leather, conditions it, and slowly seems to stretch the leather which is starting to diminish the cracks. It also makes the leather much softer to the touch. Wish I used it a lot sooner, but better late than never. I got the large bottle of conditioner and cleaner on Amazon for 25 bucks, and it will outlast me and the car. I'm doing the seats every few weeks, but eventually I should only have to do it every few months. I noticed a very small bottle of the Lexol in one of the larger stores for 6 bucks if you wish to see what a sample does. All the other conditioners I was using seemed to simply put a coating on top of the leather.

Staff online

Members online

Back