LED Courtesy Lights?

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay So I've had this Idea in my Head.. When I Owned my 1995 mustang I wired LED Strip lights Underneath the door handles so whenever my Headlights were on, the Red LED's would glow underneath the Door Handles, and the Nostrils in the Hood.. Okay so its been a while Since Ive had the mustang and was wondering.. The otherday I saw on a newer Dodge truck with the Waterfall grille he had Green LED's In his Grille that Basically made a Inner/Outerglow which I thought looked Neat..

SO Ive been pondering some lighting for my LS..

Been thinking about some Courtesy lights wired up to the Dome light of my LS So whenever I unlock the vehicle They would Slowly Fade In and Fade out when it goes out..

Been thinking about some Grille Lighting and some Door Handle Lighting...

Maybe the Grille to the Headlights and the Handles to the Domelight?

What do yall think would be a good Idea for lighting.. Or just avoid exterior lighting all together?

And does anyone know Florida's law about Exterior lighting??

If so let me know!

Thanks for everyones input.

My Gen 1 Has fade out O.O Whenever I lock my car, and have my lights set to automatically turn on turn off for 3 mins or so. Interior dome light will fade out once lights go off

i would just get a set of 2nd gen mirrors with the puddle lights already in them

my gen I has fade in/out and i dont even use the auto light function. i kind of like the door handle idea. wish i had a ring that would light up around the ignition switch too

lmao wow. Anyways I think the Door handles would be a cool idea to do with some Blue lights.. Seing how mine is car is the Pearl White..

As for the Grille . What yall think about Lights in the Waterfall Frill in the back to add some glow. Maybe mesh the Waterfall grille in the back so you cant see the Radiator / Condenser but will provide a surface for light to glow in the background? Like add some 4 or 6 inch LED Strips IDK what color just yet, to the back of the waterfall. Then Mesh Behind that, maybe some Black Smaller cloth substance, for the Glow to sit on?

Tell me what yall think about the glow Idea

Try to keep the car classy....external lighting almost always looks tacky to me.

I have a 48 led strip in my grill it has 7 different colors, and 20 different lighting modes.

I can actually see a small single LED inside the door handle shooting towards the door with no direct bulb able to be seen would be pretty classy still.

Executing it may be difficult pending on the construction of the handle.

There are 7 different colors here a few,20 different modes all done by remote.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back