LED conversion-PUDDLE LIGHTS

Well for future reference for people, I just got some pliers so I could grab from both sides, then got a flat head and pried near the area that was getting stuck. Nerve racking, but I did end up getting them out with a good bit of force.

Well I did this yeterday. I decided to rig up a clear lens as well. I ended up cutting up a flexible plastic microwaveable takeout container lid and shaping it to fit over the light housing surface. I used some silicon adhesive to seal it up and waterproof it. I thought I bought clear drying silicon but it turns out it was white. Not a big deal at all since it's not visible unless you squat dow nand look up. As for the light output; its GREAT. I'll have to take some pics tonight when its dark but this bastard glows like a UFO.

pAFYs.jpg

kr9H9.jpg

This completes my LED conversion. The tail lights are still giving me a "check tail lamp" message with your resistor setup although they dim properly. It's my fault for buying a different brand though.

Thanks for doing these writeups Alax.

the correct resistor should fix the warning light no matter what brand of lights they are.

i would try a different load resistor and make sure the wiring is correct.

i bought some cheap leds for the tail lamps with the correct resistors outlined in the og thread and i had the check lamps warning come on until i bought the v-led ones and it went away.

the correct resistor should fix the warning light no matter what brand of lights they are.

i would try a different load resistor and make sure the wiring is correct.

I ended up purchasing these 60x3528 bulbs from DDMtuning.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/3156-3157LED

Currently I am fiddling with different resistors trying to get everything to work. I've tried 100w-10ohm/10w-50ohm/10w-25ohm to no avail. Ordered some 25w-25ohm from DDM so they may do the trick. As far as wiring goes the only thing I may have done wrong is wiring them closer to the bulb than Alax did.

Crappy pic:

IMAG0046.jpg

Also attempted a pic of the LED puddles w/ clear lenses in pitch black night, but my phone doesn't really do low-lighting very well it seems. The actual illuminated area is much larger.

IMAG0056.jpg

The brand isn't the problem. LED's work differently than filament bulbs. Dont remember the exact info, but something along the lines of the resistance doesn't really apply to LED's so it throws a lot of things off.

The original bulbs I bought from v-leds, same as andrizzle's, were not available when I had to replace one of mine two weeks ago so I just got these and they worked also.

http://www.v-leds.com/RED-3157-21-LED-BRAKE-p9812602-1-2.html

No, the original bulbs andrizzle and I got were like 90 bucks I think.

The ones I linked are the ones I had to get two weeks ago to replace the original led tail light bulb I bought, they also worked correctly with the resistors I used and are pretty bright.

haven't been on V LEDs in a while. But yea, the ones me and Alax got were the like crazy tall tower LEDs, like 92 of them or something.

Looks like they don't make those ones anymore.

Haven't attempted it yet but I plan on doing the Lincoln star in mine.

Working on mine today

Started with one to make sure I didn't screw it up.... Now on to the next one

73897646-6999-464C-BA29-CF4E30DAB153-1264-00000135A4876EF6_zpsf0f1b044.gif

Since most the links are broken on here, this is the bulb I'm trying - VLEDS 6K White

9619296_3.jpg

Working on mine today

Started with one to make sure I didn't screw it up.... Now on to the next one

*snip*

Since most the links are broken on here, this is the bulb I'm trying - VLEDS 6K White

9619296_3.jpg

Nice work!

V-LEDS change their products all the time, hence the broken links.

Members online

No members online now.
Back