Laughable: LS Vs. xB

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On the way home from work and this ugly ass box is following behind or some may know it as the Scion xB. I turn my directional on to go down a "shortcut" instead of going straight and risking sitting at a light. Well I am in the mood to be "racey" so I move over into the oncoming lane(no one coming) and take the turn pretty fast(love the handling of this car) and I see the box nose dive and than turn aswell so I'm thinking he wants to start something. He tries to catch up but I am on the gas taking the curves w/out worry and glancing back seeing the box trying to take the curves fast but couldn't.

So I am coming up to the road to turn right onto and no one is coming up so I slow alittle and turn and the box follows. I decide I am done and stay at the limit and the dumbass driver comes all the up on my ass and starts doing that stupid retarded jerking back and forth behind me. So I tape the brake(not enough to slow, just so the lights come on) and he whips over into the other lane and is going to try and pass so I let him get up to me and he is staring at me like he's King Da:q:q:q:qs so I just give him a retarded look and punch it instantly pulling on his box like my g/f did my c**k last night (hahaha).

Anywho I get up to the light down the road and get in the turning lane and the douche comes right up behind me on my ass. I sit there waiting for the light and he is revving and the people in the other lane are looking at him like he is a total clown.

Light goes green and i ease on it, straighten out and nail it. He tried and tried but the little engine just couldn't keep up. I do not even know the lengths, must of been miles by that point.

Its times like that I swallow any pride regarding having a faster car and drive like a granny, pick some Buick or something to keep with and piss em off. Its more fun to me to see a guy who wants to race get stuck doing 30 mph than it is to beat him to the next light.

I also prefer the slow down method, and I really love it when it turns back into 2 lanes and they come up beside me. I just chuckle and shake my head. I already whooped em once. No need to embarass them again and risk a ticket.

But they are so AWESOME looking. I mean, I'm gonna redo my refrigerator to look just like one.....oh wait...it already does...

hmmm...maybe I'll see if I can mod an xB to have Ice and Water in the door....The light already comes on when you open the door !!!!

^LOL. I ran him the second time because if I had not I am sure he would of thought "oh I beat him. I beat him."

Not trying to be that guy.. but... Is really this much bashing needed when comparing any V8 to an XB?

I mean by the sounds of this thread it would've seemed like a close race ;) Its a scion.. its not a v8.. just because he was racing doesn't make it an ass kicking.. if anything being taunted by one is worse :( just pull away.. everyone knows what the story is in the end.

Just my two cents.

P.S - Thanks for removing your whole "*** Pulling" part.. it was really a bit over the top... I don't see any moderator names under it for editing it, so i assume they didnt do anything. It was nice to see that you removed it :)

I was not bashing the box, more of the driver. I knew what an outcome of a 105HP 4 and a 260 or so v8, just he was being that "punk" that thinks they can do anything and hang w/ anything and since I am more than happy to show 'em I did.

The pulling on him by the g/f doing something was just a in the heat of the moment. I first posted this on another forum and was heated up about something just before posting, I meant to delete that out of the copy but forgot and if its not there than thanks to whoever mod did do it cause I thought I did.

speaking of box cars, I had a honda element next to me about a week ago, was in almost the EXACT situation, old backroad, 65mph speedlimit etc. I wont lie, at first I played back at first, I was feeling a little cocky, than I figured I would just leave him and stomped on it, he stayed with me till around 105 when I let off and drove the limit-ish. I couldnt beleive he stayed with me, I was leaving him but not by much.... ehh.... I also need a pickup for the house I was looking at the chevy colorado, Mixed reviews of 220-230 HP From the 3.5 5 cylinder auto model. So the compact truck 5 cylinder engine with less total displacement makes more power than my car ? Is there something wrong here ?

They make 220 HP, I have heard bad news on the 5 cylinder. What I heard from a good source was it is a disappointment. The 3.5 was suppose to be a "great" engine but time deadlines or stuff to that made GM rush it so it was not done well and apparently GM is not happy about the engine but hey "its something new, people well buy it anyway."

I was looking at them too, but after hearing about that I figured I would not take the chance. Personally I would much rather have a used S-10(xtreme please lol) w/ the 4.3 v6.

Cruznlife1 said:
I also need a pickup for the house I was looking at the chevy colorado, Mixed reviews of 220-230 HP From the 3.5 5 cylinder auto model. So the compact truck 5 cylinder engine with less total displacement makes more power than my car ? Is there something wrong here ?
What do you drive? The last time I checked, 3.5L was greater than 3.0L, and the pre-'03 3.9L makes 252hp...

didjital| said:
Not trying to be that guy.. but... Is really this much bashing needed when comparing any V8 to an XB?

I mean by the sounds of this thread it would've seemed like a close race ;) Its a scion.. its not a v8.. just because he was racing doesn't make it an ass kicking.. if anything being taunted by one is worse :( just pull away.. everyone knows what the story is in the end.

Just my two cents.

P.S - Thanks for removing your whole "*** Pulling" part.. it was really a bit over the top... I don't see any moderator names under it for editing it, so i assume they didnt do anything. It was nice to see that you removed it :)

Maybe their are a lot of uptight yuppies on this site or I'm just a loose cannon. I mean c'mon now...stop being such a bunch of pussies!

The I-5 in the Colorado is part of the Atlas family of new GM engines. It's pretty much the same I-6 in the Envoy/Trailblazer/etc in sharing a lot of components. I don't recall about the Vortec 3500, but the Vortec 4200 won a Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2002.

Cruznlife1 said:
02 LSE v8 I thought we only made 22? something. And the 03+ was like 28? something

00-02 V8: 252 bhp
03-06 V8: 280 bhp

While at a small local dealer auto show this past spring... I passed the Scion area and looked at all the people looking so joyous at that damn Scion xB BOS (Box of $hit)... So I was in one of those moods and decided to see if I could get a rise out of anyone I jump in the front seat some other guy in the passenger seat (he's looks like he's got a hardon for this thing... at least I hope it was the car, if you can call it that) and I say nice a loud to my friend looking under the hood. Can you believe that someone actually likes these things... I can't believe someone actually would be proud to drive this POS...

I guess every car has it's purpose... They did sell a lot of AMC Pacers....

And I can't believe someone driving one of those XB POS would even think they could run with someone.... It's a box on wheels... purpose is so you can stack boxes in the back nice and square. That's about it...

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Maybe their are a lot of uptight yuppies on this site or I'm just a loose cannon. I mean c'mon now...stop being such a bunch of pussies!
I dont think its so much being uptight as it is showing little class. You are assuming we would be amused by a comment like that. I personally dont care.

Cruznlife1 said:
02 LSE v8 I thought we only made 22? something. And the 03+ was like 28? something
'03+ V8s are 280hp; '00-'02 V8s are rated at 252hp, but there are indications that the '02 V8s are underrated. They have a different airbox design, and are thought to be closer to 260hp (IIRC).

Members online

No members online now.
Back