lambo doors

Frogman, you and FLA02LS are the biggest downers ever. You guys crack me up!

lsdriver, if you do a forum search you should find more than enough threads about lambo door kits. someone just asked the same q a few weeks ago IIRC.

BTW, who says lemming? I dont think I've heard that since second grade.

Or go on car domain and look at all the lop sided ones thats on the site, I bet youll want em even more. Then come and look up the threads.

I am an ass. Didn't you get the memo?

Nah. I wouldn't want your Lambo doors to spring open and have you take flight during the race. That would suck for you. :lol:

Besides, what does Racing have to do with being an ass? Did I miss a memo?

I wouldn't want your Lambo doors to spring open and have you take flight during the race. That would suck for you.

I bet thats why they are all so lop sided, they think they can fly.

But what sense did that make?

Yep, I flew away from Orlando today with my First place Trophy. Went to the battle of the Imports show today. Hate to tell all you performance guys what kind of 1/4 miles times these rice burners had. Lets just say the final rounds were 10,11, and 12 second cars. I would love to see an LS brake a 13 in the 1/4. I waste my money on doors. You waste your money to get beat by an evo, wrx, an accord (yes I saw a stock accord run a high 13 today), a civic, an eclipse, a corolla, Doesnt it upset you a little. Will be posting some pics in a different thread later. For the doors, depends on the style you want. Weld on, bolt on, how far do you want them to open. Mine open both ways, vivid ls and bangin ls have weld on the go about 90 degrees plus, mine are direct bolt on. Varies on opinion.

Whoa, easy there Decibels. I can understand your doors. You actually go to shows, and you WIN. Most of these people want them to look cool.

If I were to see your car, I'd still chuckle. But you'd also have my props for it.

Dont upset me, I just hate those dumb looking doors. I could care less about performance for the LS even tho it is a cool concept, unlike and I quote (myself), lop.....sided Lambo doors. There is someone here with some cool looking doors now.

But, why did you get so uptight about it anyway?

You waste your money to get beat by an evo, wrx, an accord (yes I saw a stock accord run a high 13 today), a civic, an eclipse, a corolla, Doesnt it upset you a little.

Nope. Doesn't upset me at all.

The EVO and Sti WRX are sure quick. Those others can be but often at the track theres more slow than fast.

I wouldn't consider spending about $1200 to shave about second off my 1/4 mile time a waste. It puts the car in the faster than people ever expect catagory. No one laughing at me at the track.

everyone does that lambos, i think they are getting played out, but it gives you a look to set yourself apart from the normal ls. i decided to do suicides to bring back the style of the old lincolns, but they are not cheap unless you have someone to hook you up. i only did mine because they cost me about 1/4 of what they should have. do some gull wings if you want to be different.

See? Those suicide doors you had put on your LS? While not for me, yours IS unique (I have never seen other LS's with Suicide doors).

You actually put the time, effort and money into creating something different.

That deserves lots of props.

Dont upset me, I just hate those dumb looking doors. I could care less about performance for the LS even tho it is a cool concept, unlike and I quote (myself), lop.....sided Lambo doors. There is someone here with some cool looking doors now.

But, why did you get so uptight about it anyway?[/QUOTE]

Im am the last to get upset about something, believe it or not I would like to add performance parts to my car(other than exhaust and intake), I just like for everyone to see there are differences in opinions everywhere you go. I dont think anyones ideas are "stupid" they take the money they can afford, mix it with their taste, and then you get tuner mirrors (froggy knows what im talking about) All in opinion. I just think If I dont like something, I dont have to put that person down or call their idea stupid.

yeah those F1 mirrors were ugly and I didn't like them at first, but after looking at them countless times the looks kind of grown on me. in my opinion they don't look all that bad.

back to the matter at hand...

i personally like wingdoors.com

its the hinge i've been using for over 2 years now..

I see what you are talking about with the tuner Mirrors or False tuners, but if you like those doors hey thats fine, that post you made seemed like you were offended and took it as a personal attack.
But in my opinion, think about a 747 with a huge wingspan a long tail and no rear wings. Thats what I think when I see those doors on 4 door cars. Now when I see them on 2 door's and sports cars they look damn good.

back to the matter at hand...

Yes back to it, form what I see most kits are the same exact things, its where you go and have all the stuff done that matters. Find a good custom chop shop that has done them before, and more than once at that.

I am using GT Factory hinges on my car. I have had them on for about a year and have no complaints.

They are a full weld on kit and like the post above says it is mostly about the quality of the work of the person that puts them on.

Members online

Back