KKM Question

Dom

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Wondering if anyone has had issues after installing the KKM Intake? My car hesitates under hard acceleration. Very noticeable when passing. I have a '02 V8 with about 60K on it and take great care of it. The same feeling you get when you put in bad or regular grade gas (of which I've never done). I installed the intake last September but my issue seems to be more noticeable in the past couple of months. The car does not have the same "pull" it had when I had the stock box. My mechanic seems to think I may have an issue with the Mass Airflow sensor. It's taking in more air but isn't adjusting the fuel intake he feels. Should I do something to change that also since I do now have the KKM? Any thoughts?

About the only two problems I've heard are not getting the clamps properly re-tightened (which allows unmetered air into the intake--it's a vacuum leak), and over-oiling the KKM filter. If you get too much oil on the filter, it can foul the MAF sensor; I don't know if the fix is cleaning the MAF sensor or replacing it.

clean the MAF sensor with electrical component cleaner from Radio Shack.

I had a similar issue on my 04, I had oil in my spark plug wells and the intake just made it that much more noticable, which was causing misfires.

I am having the same problem, I will be cleaning my Maf this weekend, has anyone priced a new Maf?

Clean it with the proper cleaner ( dont mess with the contacts or what have you call them they can break easy), then dissconect your battery for the night.

When you reconect drive light not hard for a while and see if it starts again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back