Kitty Cat..

He's been doing a lot better the last couple days. He got a nasty cold at the vets that had gotten progressively worse over the last week. It had me very worried due to the fact that he was trying to fight two things at once. Luckily the same antibiotic he was on for the surgery was the same one used for uri's. What really did the trick was throwing him in the bathroom for 15-20 minutes at a time so the steam can clear his nose, also bought him a humidifier which has helped greatly. He goes in Friday to have the stitches removed and that damned collar taken off. :)

He got the stitches out yesterday and is now able to leave his "Kitty condo" I set up for him so that he didn't get into any trouble while I was away/sleeping (Couldn't be active/jumping around for 2 weeks after surgery) He's also very happy to have the E. collar off. :)

DSCF8875_zpsdc1ec31c.gif

DSCF8879_zps49293374.gif

Thats pretty cool.... good to hear. Its kinda funny I have a black and white short haired cat, and it's named Stitches.... after all the surgery he had to have when he was a kitten... had a huge gash in his side from something...

He can count on me, but I do feel partially to blame for not knowing any better. Even if it is kinda sorta common for males, I should've realized something was wrong sooner. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20...
Don't beat yourself up over this--cats are, by nature, solitary predators, and small ones, to boot, so they're exceptionally good at hiding weaknesses. That's why they appear to go from perfectly healthy to almost dead in a matter of days--by the time it gets bad enough for you to be able to tell, it's been going on for quite some time.

I had a cat who went through something like that; she appeared to go from perfectly healthy to death's door almost overnight with a uterine infection that required an emergency spay. I knew she was better when I went to pick her up at the vet's and they had to ask me to come back and get her out of the recovery crate. :D

I'm so sorry to hear that. She's a trooper for hanging in there though, just goes to show that time frames often given by doctors can be quite misleading.
---
my mom died this morning-at home, and at peace...not from cancer.... indirectly from the chemo/radiation....more indirectly b/c the p.o.s surgeon put her port/catheter in an artery instead of the vein....that's kind of like putting antifreeze in the gas tank, assuming it won't do any damage and will work b/c it will eventually make it to the engine anyways...f'n malpractice, quack

Thats pretty cool.... good to hear. Its kinda funny I have a black and white short haired cat, and it's named Stitches.... after all the surgery he had to have when he was a kitten... had a huge gash in his side from something...

What a cawinkydink :)

good to hear, that looks like a old friends cat, his name isnt precious is it?

:shifty:

Don't beat yourself up over this--cats are, by nature, solitary predators, and small ones, to boot, so they're exceptionally good at hiding weaknesses. That's why they appear to go from perfectly healthy to almost dead in a matter of days--by the time it gets bad enough for you to be able to tell, it's been going on for quite some time.

I had a cat who went through something like that; she appeared to go from perfectly healthy to death's door almost overnight with a uterine infection that required an emergency spay. I knew she was better when I went to pick her up at the vet's and they had to ask me to come back and get her out of the recovery crate. :D

They are tricky creatures to figure out indeed. One minute you think its just a little flu bug and the next minute your rushing it to the Animal Emergency clinic to have xxxxx done. I'm definitely paying much closer attention to how he acts now.

---
my mom died this morning-at home, and at peace...not from cancer.... indirectly from the chemo/radiation....more indirectly b/c the p.o.s surgeon put her port/catheter in an artery instead of the vein....that's kind of like putting antifreeze in the gas tank, assuming it won't do any damage and will work b/c it will eventually make it to the engine anyways...f'n malpractice, quack

I'm so sorry to hear that Dnsherrill. ;( It's sad her passing happened the way it did but she's now at peace and no longer in any pain. My condolences to you and your family.

thx SB..eh the artist formerly known as SBCaprice? :)
---
in 2008 she was diagnosed and given 6-12 months, she went too early (68) but was at home...life goes on for the living; I'm glad I have my Mark projects to keep me distracted...lol

that's a fine lookin' cat ya got there SB...is he still doing okay?
----
my cat is having some issues and I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow 0800- vomitted a few times last weekend, stopped eating/drinking....has gotten back to eating but still not drinking much; I think his elimination levels and frequency has gone down also...he's a dry food indoor and only pet/cat, maybe a ureter blockage

Members online

No members online now.
Back