Kitty Cat..

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Had to take my furry friend to the emergency animal hospital.(Holy $hit) He's going to be in for 2 days with some uti/blockage issues.

I already miss him.

DSCF0145_zps5640ca15.gif

frown.jpg

Thank you.

I know this isn't a huge deal compared to what others have gone through lately, but between this and just finding out my mother has cancer it has been a emotional double whammy.

Well they finally got the catheter in, from what the vet said it was pretty bad. He's got crystals and a bacterial infection, all his issues will be fixed with antibiotics and a "Special" diet after they deem him fit to leave. They're just glad he was brought in , it can be deadly.

At least i'll be able to sleep tonight.

... just finding out my mother has cancer
mine was diagnosed w/ inoperable lung cancer 11/2007 and told to get her affairs in order over the next 6-12 months...she's still alive, but chemo and radi really did a number on her...she's in a nursing home now failing to thrive, dementia, GI disorders, atrophy- it's been a bleak past 5 years....your mom will be prayed for, good luck

mine was diagnosed w/ inoperable lung cancer 11/2007 and told to get her affairs in order over the next 6-12 months...she's still alive, but chemo and radi really did a number on her...she's in a nursing home now failing to thrive, dementia, GI disorders, atrophy- it's been a bleak past 5 years....your mom will be prayed for, good luck

I'm so sorry to hear that. She's a trooper for hanging in there though, just goes to show that time frames often given by doctors can be quite misleading.

In my mothers case it's not as severe, but cancer none the less. Get the tests back today to see if it's all gone.*Crossing fingers*

To those of you that have read this.....

Kitty is doing well but there's still a bit of blood in the urine. Catheter comes out tonight, if he can pee on his own w/o reblocking he'll be home 2maro.

The best news is that my mother is now cancer free!!

Great news on both fronts! Hope you Mom stays cancer free. My wife is going through the cancer thing with her Mom. Shes almost 70. She was cancer free for 6 months. Now they found 5 spots in her abdomen. Best of luck with with Mom and kitty.

Wow, how one day changes everything....

I just got a call from the vet saying he needs a 1500-2000 worth of surgury to reconstruct his man part. Putting the total at 3500. I'm ****ing nuts.

If he wasn't so young and by far the best cat ever I don't think i'd be going thru with this. :(

Yawn..

Emergency clinic suggested I take it to a Vet in a neighboring town. The doctor was nice enough to set everything up so all I had to do was bring Kitty cat over. $1300 difference in price. The last thing i wanted to do was transfer him but it all worked out and he was relaxed the whole time.

Now its time to wait.

My dog had parvovirus as a pup and the whole ordeal was gut wrenching. We had to drive him to the emergency get at night and to the normal vet in the morning for constant monitoring. This lasted for a week and was one hell of a vet bill, but it was worth it. Good Luck, I hope your kitty does well.

My dog had parvovirus as a pup and the whole ordeal was gut wrenching. We had to drive him to the emergency get at night and to the normal vet in the morning for constant monitoring. This lasted for a week and was one hell of a vet bill, but it was worth it. Good Luck, I hope your kitty does well.

Probably one of the longest weeks of your life. Seeing a beloved pet in pain is no simple task. I'm glad he's all better. :)

Seeing a beloved pet in pain is no simple task.
talked to my mom this afternoon, (she's 3 states away) she had to cut the conversation short as her pain became unbearable, which it is most of the time in the nursing home..brutal

talked to my mom this afternoon, (she's 3 states away) she had to cut the conversation short as her pain became unbearable, which it is most of the time in the nursing home..brutal

I can't imagine how painful that must be for you to talk to her in that kind of condition. I'm sure the calls from you help her in one way or another though, it's all you can really do. :(

Kitty surgery went well tonight, i'll have him back in 2-3 days if everything goes as planned.

Has he been on wet or dry food before this?
He's a lucky cat to have you getting him the help he needs!

After reading http://catinfo.org/ I switched to wet food that day!

Best wishes for both family members!
It's tough when they are hurting and you feel helpless!

Has he been on wet or dry food before this?
He's a lucky cat to have you getting him the help he needs!

After reading http://catinfo.org/ I switched to wet food that day!

Best wishes for both family members!
It's tough when they are hurting and you feel helpless!

He can count on me, but I do feel partially to blame for not knowing any better. Even if it is kinda sorta common for males, I should've realized something was wrong sooner. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20...

He's been on wet/dry since I got him 6 years ago. Had I known all the info I know now he would've been on wet only.

I pick him up after work 2maro. :steering

He's home. It has been one hell of a long day, comparible to taking care of a sick baby. As long as he doesn't irritate the surgical area and urinates as he should I think we'll be good. Complications are rare but anything is possible as it heals.

My stress level has surpassed the 10 mark for the day.

Good to hear that he's back home now. Hope he heals quickly, and you can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

thx for the update...hope the recovery is quick and normalcy returns PDQ

Members online

No members online now.
Back