Kills and thrills

MarkOfDeath

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok my buddy went to the track to run a 150 shot on his nova and I was paying for him cause he is broke, I figured I would practice launching my car with the stall, now I have no mods except a 3500 and cutouts also a UD but those didnt do anything for me last time when I had the 410s in. So my first run was 14.6 and I was happy since my best with the 410s was 14.4, well next run a decide to stall 2000 rpm and it roasted them half track, then next time I went I just flashed it again massive traction problems, then I load it to 1300 on the right lane which everyone said was hooking better and boom left the line without a sqeak from the tires and pulled a 14.204 so Im like damn this car is running good, so next pass massive traction problems, then I did a run just flashing it a pulled a 14.1 so, I figured I could hit 13.9s with it stall at 3000 and me maunally shifting it but sadly a car crashed into the wall and they closed. but on the way home a 350Z was messing with me at like 60 mph so I gave him the hit and walked him then we went from a light I spun through first and by then he was 3 cars on me then I hooked and caught up and had a car and a half on him before I let off

Um, what's the point of the 3500 stall if you're leaving the line at idle?:confused: Just a question to ponder.

heres something else to ponder while your already pondering, it does help alot but traction was a very big issue with out a posi, I would no joke burn them half the track if I stayed on it. and what does it matter I still ran a 14.1 with out loading it. my 60 foot was only 2.0 though. that aint bad for damn near stock

Every time I've tried to brake torque off the line my ET was worse. Maybe it's just me? :(

Mark, what was your MPH on the fastest runs? Whose torque converter do you have? What happend to your 4.10 gears?

Flashing is always the best. It shocks the converter, hits harder and launches better. Although when we had the PI in Walt's Ivory Mark it seemed to do best with a little stall, like 1200 with drag radials anyway.

I chiped a tooth on the pinion so its getting rebuilt right now, I also had to install a new fuel pump 255 lph one but that dont do anything without a AFPR I was traping at 97, also I have an edge racing tc

i found a little stall helped. 2200 and i spun, 1500 and i hooked and went with my 245s

if you dont mind looking goofey, drive past the staging lights and reverse back so you can lock up and get some posi.

MarkVIII93 said:
May I ask what flashing means?

"""""Foot-brake stall is just that: You load the converter by stomping one foot on the brake pedal and the other on the gas. Watch the tach. The RPM at which the converter overpowers the brakes is simply the "foot-brake stall".

"Flash speed," on the other hand, is very different. Flash occurs the instant you release the foot-brake and the rotating inertia (which is "stored" in the engine-flexplate-converter) is released. This flash speed can be anywhere from 500-2500 RPM higher than the foot-brake-stall speed. In a racecar, the typical “flash –the-converter process” usually works like this: Stage at idle, hold the brakes with one foot and "flash" the converter (flooring the gas pedal with the other foot, and simultaneously releasing the foot-brake) the instant the last yellow on the Christmas Tree comes on. The sensation is a form of “slingshot” effect as the car leaves. Some cars work better by flashing the converter. Some combinations work better by outright stalling the converter. Some work better with trans brakes
""""""""""

Moes8 said:
Stage at idle, hold the brakes with one foot and "flash" the converter (flooring the gas pedal with the other foot, and simultaneously releasing the foot-brake) the instant the last yellow on the Christmas Tree comes on. The sensation is a form of “slingshot” effect as the car leaves.

That's a precise description of the way I stage and launch. With the 3500 stall converter, the “slingshot” sensation is an accurate metaphor. :cool:

cant wait till I get my converter and gear... Ill be much more competitive in the brackets.:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back