Keypad

Jimbo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was trying to use the keypad on my door and was confused to why it wasn't working. then it hit me.. you replaced the EEC.. duh.. so is there anyway to get the key pad working again?

hmm on the Essex conti, the keypad on the door does not connect to the eec any way, shape or form. connects directly to the keyless controller mounted on the backside of the back seat.

Jimbo said:
I was trying to use the keypad on my door and was confused to why it wasn't working. then it hit me.. you replaced the EEC.. duh.. so is there anyway to get the key pad working again?

are you using the factory code?, if not maybe when the battery was disconnected the custom code was erased.

the only code i'm using is printed on the right hindge of my trunk

ok, just to verify that the keyless module hasn't been changed, pull the trim panel down that covers the rear of the seat, and check the code on the keyless module to see if it matches.

Otherwise, only thing I can think of is either broken wire to module, or bad keypad

but.. because of a new eec it shouldn't change anything as the code goes.. because it was working recently

unplugged the battery and plugged it back in.. its working again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back