Keyless entry Via Door Numbers

Dark_Majesty_06

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I find out the code to my door keypad.. so I can just start the car and leave it running with the doors locked! Anyone know how.. I've seen the ebay crap.. but I don't wanna trust it... do I have to go to ford?

its written on the trunk lid... pop the trunk and look at the brace that the lid is mounted to.. little white sticker with 5 numbers on it

I'm pretty sure I feel dumb.. with a little more attention.. I could have seen that.. but i'm new to the buisness here... Thank you so much Sir!! I appreciate your help!

also,if you open the cover in the trunk that hides the air ride switch,you can see the keyless module and there is a sticker with large numbers on it,thats it too.

Can you leave it running? I am not sure the Mark is the same as the LS but I am 99% sure it will not let me lock the doors with the keys in the ignition... ? I could be COMPLETELY wrong.

Can you leave it running? I am not sure the Mark is the same as the LS but I am 99% sure it will not let me lock the doors with the keys in the ignition... ? I could be COMPLETELY wrong.

Yup, i do it all the time. Just the other day, i had a low battery, so i left it running for 30 mins with the doors locked. I think the keyless entry pad is one of Ford's greater achievments.

Keypad will work, but the remote won't... ask me how I found out ;)

Ok I can believe that. Because I was quite sure that I tried to lock the doors with the fob while the engine was running with no success.

SO, how?

im pretty sure you can lock the doors with the motor running using the inside driver door lock button ,.. then unlock using the fob.. i think you only cant lock it with the fob

i feel like ive done that before

OK, call me a slow learner, or whatever else I deserve, but I have locked the keys in my Mark a few times now with various excuses. I have found that the keypad works for entry if I leave the keys on the seat or any place except the ignition. One day I was fiddling before getting out and left the keys in the ignition (off) got out, slammed the door and then at end of day realized
I left them inside. Thought all I had to do was use the keyless but no way, it would not even light up. Called the BCAA (AAA) to get in then took the key out and tried the keyless and it worked. So now I would never leave the car running with key in ignition and doors locked, I'd never get in.

My 93 is weird. If I shut the car off and wait 10 minutes I can use the keyless pad. If I leave it overnight, or over an hour or so, nada. I have no idea why

My 93 is weird. If I shut the car off and wait 10 minutes I can use the keyless pad. If I leave it overnight, or over an hour or so, nada. I have no idea why

Told myself I was not going to help anyone anymore... oh well!

There is this sensor in the doors that goes bad, not the same as the door adjar one. It causes the "power sentry" to kick in and kill power to certain systems.

Easy test. Shut car off and wait an hour, do not lock it. Go out, open the door. The dome lights should not come on. Press the brake pedal. If the lights come on, bingo, evil sensor which needs a good cleaning or replacement.

Why aren't you going to help anymore Unity? You are a great resource for the board, you have quite a bit of knowledge.

UNITY RULES !!!!!....ive learned a thing or two from you.. so please dont stop contributing

Yeah Unity, You're a good guy & seem to enjoy the forums. Don't let one person spoil it. :cool:

my 98 wont lock from the interior switchwith it running, but shut the door and use the last 2 buttons (7/8 and 9/0) on the keypad and it will

I am wondering if this is a feature that can be programmed via keypad?

I took lock my 96 A LOT and leave it running. I usually fire it up 15 minutes before I leave work.

Is the keypad combination always listed somewhere on the car? Where would it be in say an Explorer?

Members online

No members online now.
Back