Keyless entry program?

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My keyless entry remote decided to randomly quit working. I replaced the battery with two new ones, and nothing. So I bought new ones online.

However, for the LS it says the dealer has to program it.

Anyone ever done this? Can I get a how to? :)

Yr? 00 01 (and 02's?) are dealer or anyone with a scan tool.

03's and newer (if I remember correctly)

Get in car and shut door
UnLock doors with power button
Turn the key from off to run 8-9x's leaving the key in run on the final turn
At this point the door locks should cycle
Press both buttons on the remote, the locks should cycle again.
Turn car off and test remote.

Hope I got it all and properly explained!
Good luck!

you should look up videos on youtube, I've watched a few and its strange some of the steps and procedures they make you go through.

...Press both buttons on the remote, the locks should cycle again.

Make that "press any button on each remote that you want active."
You only need press one button on each, but you do need to program all remotes at the same time (one after the other, within 20 seconds).

However, assuming that lincolnlogs has a 2002, this won't work for him. He will need a dealer or a good scan tool (most scan tools won't do this), as you pointed out.

Yeah of course I have an 02. Complete BS... Same remote.. Easily programmable on any vehicle besides the 00-02 LS.

Dealer does it through a scan tool I'm guessing? Dealer wanted 59$ for a keyless entry remote. Another 60 to program it. Ridiculous.

12.99 for two on eBay.

Hopefully someone near the Detroit area has a suitable scan tool. Mine is a MAC. But doesn't have the feature. Thanks for everyone's help. Anyone have a tool in the thumb that can do this? I can drive/throw some money.

Whats the deal with the code pad on driver door how you get the code for that

If the card with the number isn't in your manual, you will have to go to the dealership to have them pull it, or like I have been doing, live without it.

I would live without it just was wondering maybe one day I will have the time and money

Actually, you may not have to go to a dealer for this after all. Here is what I have heard...

"on the driver door module there is a sticker with a barcode above the bar code is a number that will look like this xxxx-xxxxxx-xx
you can see it by simple pulling out you power window switches the middle 6 digits will have a letter in it take the letter out and the other 5 digits will be the lock code for your car. "

2000-2002 models have to be programmed at the dealer. Ive been through this...the tricks with the ignition does not work on first gen cars. Its shouldnt take the dealer more than 10-15 to do this.

50$ later... And I now have 2 programmed remotes.

12.99 on eBay for the remotes

50$ for program at the dealer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385496479.502425.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385496479.502425.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back