KC Area Black Mark VIII in the latest 1320 Video?

Mark8Murder

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's been posted, didn't check :(

I watch all the 1320 Vids and seen a black Mark @ 6:16 of this video. Was just curious to see if it was anybody on here, looked like a fun road trip

http://youtu.be/lgM7Kw-IBoI

Looks like a plain ole stock Gen 1. Probably someone from the other site, or perhaps, someone just trying to get out of the parking lot and happened into the meet.

I know so some peeps that participated. I will probly go next year

I've always wondered who owns this car..I commented about it but the guy was pretty vague and didn't give any details about the car. Sounds pretty healthy though, only mark viii I've ever seen with a trans brake too.

Stinkin' Lincoln sliding around... - YouTube

I've always wondered who owns this car..I commented about it but the guy was pretty vague and didn't give any details about the car. Sounds pretty healthy though, only mark viii I've ever seen with a trans brake too.

Stinkin' Lincoln sliding around... - YouTube

I was getting the same vagueness from the owner of this car which MIGHT be the same guy. The car has full bolt-ons, Vortech supercharger with aftermarket blower cams and the only clue I could get from talking to him is that it has WELL over 500rwhp. It looks to me to have the potential of being a 10 second car in the 1/4 mile. The acceleration on the car is absolutely nasty and as seen here pretty much shreds the tires off at ~60 mph. I think it is one of the fastest blown Mark8s out there.

Here's that car:

Messing around with the Blown Lsc - YouTube

Beating a worked C6 Vette:

Blown Lincoln Mark VIII LSC VS Worked C6 Corvette From A Dig - YouTube

He defiantly needs better rear tires. Sounds good. The run is only a 1/8 of a mile and I timed it at around 8 seconds. My best 1/8 mile is 7.5 and 7.6 average but I don't have any traction issues.

He defiantly needs better rear tires. Sounds good. The run is only a 1/8 of a mile and I timed it at around 8 seconds. My best 1/8 mile is 7.5 and 7.6 average but I don't have any traction issues.

Definitely, and it seems that the Mickey Thompsons that he blew off in that 1/8 mile video weren't even enough unless he did a crappy warm up in the water box. Drifting all the way down that track though he probably easily lost almost 2 seconds of ET. If he hooked he might be in the 6s. If he indeed has a trans brake or whatever that was he has at the launch, that's probably a big problem for him at this point. I personally wouldn't put anything like that an an auto Mark8 with a Vortech. If he wants to hook launching like that though I am guessing wrinkle walls are probably a good choice. :rolleyes:

kirk come down for kc 2k13. I think we might be having a spring time one

Definitely, and it seems that the Mickey Thompsons that he blew off in that 1/8 mile video weren't even enough unless he did a crappy warm up in the water box. Drifting all the way down that track though he probably easily lost almost 2 seconds of ET. If he hooked he might be in the 6s. If he indeed has a trans brake or whatever that was he has at the launch, that's probably a big problem for him at this point. I personally wouldn't put anything like that an an auto Mark8 with a Vortech. If he wants to hook launching like that though I am guessing wrinkle walls are probably a good choice. :rolleyes:

If certainly seems powerful enough and with the trans brake if he gets it to hook up he is going to break axles :eek:.

If certainly seems powerful enough and with the trans brake if he gets it to hook up he is going to break axles :eek:.

EXACTLY. That's like spraying a 300 shot of nitrous right out of the hole.:eek: I have heard that these cars even with substantial amounts of power don't really ever have issues with the axles breaking but I think it's a whole different story when there is a big hit of torque right off the line. I am assuming that is why the big block bottleheads at the track that are dumping lots of nitrous use progressive controllers for their nitrous applications. Leave hard and then go a lot harder. :D

Those are two different cars, the one I posted it a black on black, the other is a dark blue on gray..I've seen that dark blue one many times, that guy is a member on markviii.org I believe. The black one in the first video does sound like its supercharged also..

Looks like a plain ole stock Gen 1. Probably someone from the other site, or perhaps, someone just trying to get out of the parking lot and happened into the meet.

Looked at the 16:44 as well and whomever it is, is definitely out playing. Looked like it had been lowered and had some healthy tires on the rear. Nice car from what I can see, was just curious.

Looked at the 16:44 as well and whomever it is, is definitely out playing. Looked like it had been lowered and had some healthy tires on the rear. Nice car from what I can see, was just curious.

I think it's just a random kid who found out these cars have "Cobra engines" & bought one. lol... Other than that, honestly? It could be anyone. In the last year or so I've realized there's a ton of Mark VIII enthusiasts that don't care to become members on any forum & those cars are around yet we never even know they exist.

I think it's just a random kid who found out these cars have "Cobra engines" & bought one. lol... Other than that, honestly? It could be anyone. In the last year or so I've realized there's a ton of Mark VIII enthusiasts that don't care to become members on any forum & those cars are around yet we never even know they exist.

That's true, I've met quite a few "enthusiasts" through craigslist buying parts from them, and they just aren't into the forum thing. My dads good friend from highschool has a black 94 that he's owned since the mid to late 90s, I remember seeing it when I was younger (I'm only 26) and thought nothing of it, my dad would always say how its got the 32v motor in it from the cobra mustang..wasn't until much later when I bought my old Thunderbird that I realized what mark viiis really were. Just the other day my dad and I stopped by his shop and I was chatting with him about mark viiis, I was hoping to see it there since its been 10 plus years since I saw the car last but he says its only got 63k on it and knowing him its a very nice car, but I was kinda trying to convince him to check out the forums but he just isn't very internet savy..which seems to be the problem with most older people, he always did talk about putting a blower on it though..so that just shows he's got interest in hot ridding it. His main focus however is a 67 fairlane that he's had since highschool, used to have a 428 bb, C6 and a 9" in it, ran 11.80s back in the early 80s which was quick for its time. Now he's putting a 427 stroker sbf crate motor in after years of sitting. So he's slowly getting back in the game..I'll still try and convince him to join LVC though the next time I see him.

The dark blue blown lsc belongs to Jeff, the head moderator at markviiisofny.com. He's good people. They have meets in the NYC area a few times a year, but i've only been to one.

In the last year or so I've realized there's a ton of Mark VIII enthusiasts that don't care to become members on any forum & those cars are around yet we never even know they exist.
I had looked around here and read articles for six years before I joined. There use to sometimes be a lot of drama if you asked a newbie question.

not anymore!
i was looking through it for some reason. and saw the posts about moe's car.

also, you coulda left it alone too! you are also poking with the stick. lol.

It's all beginning to make sense now. Moe is now a friend of mine on Facebook. Here is his NASTY car.

MY Lincoln (the Black one originally posted)-1996 Lincoln Mark VIII- 4.6 DOHC b series heads- supercar GT Cams- Ported Cobra Intake w/ modified runners- Built 4.6 DOHC (Manley Rods, Probe Pistons, Cobra Crank, ARP Everything)- Vortech V2 Si-trim Supercharger Kit (intercooled 22psi boost)- Procharger BIG RED BOV- Custom Powerpipe- Snow Performance stage 2 Methanol Injection w/ Twin 625ml Nozzles.*- NX nitrous kit w/ NANO nitrous (up to 175 shot)- Innovators West 18% overdrive pulley- 3.125 Blower pulley- 8-rib Conversion- Accufab sigle blade TB- MMR IMRC Deletes- Meziere Electric Water Pump- HPX MAF- Custom Kooks Headers w/ 3" collectors- Custom 3" pipes from collectors y-piped into the 3.5" cutout- 3.5" Electric cutout- Custom Twin 340lph fuel pumps- 80lb Injectors- Kenne Bell Boost a Spark- MSD wires- MSD Coil Packs- Mild Built 4r70w Tranny w/ AODE gear set and a TransGo Shift kit- ART CARR 3000 stall- 3.73 gears-325/45R17 MT DRs

He's expecting 700rwhp and with traction he should see 9s I would think. I would actually be curious as to what he has for bracing because I think his car is probably capable of compromising the integrity of the subframe. 22psi is NUTZ!

Members online

No members online now.
Back