K&N Oil Filter

FDPuma

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just installed the K&N Oil Filter HP-2010 in my 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII.
Suprise, no ticking on start-up just like to box claims. Granted I only started the car three times, but that's 3 less ticking sounds than usual. I'll keep you posted. By the way the filter cost $12.00 here in Kansas.

FDPuma said:
Just installed the K&N Oil Filter HP-2010 in my 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII.
Suprise, no ticking on start-up just like to box claims. Granted I only started the car three times, but that's 3 less ticking sounds than usual. I'll keep you posted. By the way the filter cost $12.00 here in Kansas.
The ticking is just the timing chain tensioners not being tight. They tighten up within seconds of start up. Its not neccessarily harmful to the engine. I noticed though, when I used clean 5000 oil, the ticking is greatly reduced.

I use the K&N Oil Filter HP-2010 in my 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII and I approve this message. :D

Your Motorcraft filters better. Matter of fact. Motorcraft filters are very high on the oil filter scale.

The K&N is a good filter as well, but your Motorcraft is better.

everything i own (except my nissan) get motorcraft filters.

the motorcraft filter that fits my nissan is a nissan filter anyways.

Didn't know that about the timing chain tensioners, learn something everyday like I'm supposed to. Will try Mobil 5000 next oil change.

K&n

I was told by some mechanics not to use the K&N filters because they would do something bad to the car, but right now I cannot remember what. :confused: :) Something to do with clogging something! :( :confused:

But, nevertheless, I still have a K&N Filter....

Members online

Back