K&N 57 Series Aircharger Intake

LSFantasy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
This may sound crazy guys, but I received my intake today and took it to a local shop to have it installed. The guy would not put it on. He said K&N does not make an intake for the LS and he would not be responsible for it damaging my engine. I insisted the the intake(which I ordered from LSKoncepts) would fit and was compatible. It got late so I was unable to go anywhere else. Long story short, how difficult is this thing to put on? I was thinking of going somewhere else, but if I can do it, I will.

very easy.. just do it your self.. pull the old intake humongo box out with all the plumbing lol and put new one on ... easy stuff... cake actually and its actually easier than taking a dump after a nacho night

take ya about 10 minutes to put it on!! just undo the stock intake and mount the other one with the clamps that it came with the same area and you are good to go!!

with a few sides of bean burritos!! :D sorry i was late on typing so i added that for you LS..ha

It is made for and CARB certified for T Bird and fits the 2ND gen Lincoln LS.

Easy to install, just follow the instructions and pay attention to the Mass air sensor handling/installation and the right length of the different hardware nuts and bolts.

Its pretty simple. Its one of those things you could wing dude!

Just pay attention to how you remove the stocker and reverse the process for installing the K&N.

i actually just ordered mine myself and will be getting it in two weeks, i went to the K&N website and looked for the ls intake system and got nothing, so i looked up tbird and found that one. when i placed the order at the store here in town they actually were able to cross reference it to be compatible with the ls

This may sound crazy guys, but I received my intake today and took it to a local shop to have it installed. The guy would not put it on. He said K&N does not make an intake for the LS and he would not be responsible for it damaging my engine. I insisted the the intake(which I ordered from LSKoncepts) would fit and was compatible. It got late so I was unable to go anywhere else. Long story short, how difficult is this thing to put on? I was thinking of going somewhere else, but if I can do it, I will.

Took me 3-5minutes TOPS to put my KKM filter on...thing is a siinch but I'm unsure of timing for a K&N

If you can read instructions, work a screw driver, operate a socket wrench and use a pair of scissors.... you can install this intake.

The hardest part is pushing the rubber gasket onto the heat shield.

K&N-CAIWeb.jpg

The hardest part I thought was taking the fitting of the valve cover and reusing it on the K & N. I thought I was going to break it but it just popped apart. I don't know about taking only 10 minutes but it is very simple to do. I think installing the sticker was probably the easiest step :>)

How do you like the sound?

You can drive for fuel economy or performance just by the sound.

If you are like most, your mileage will go down at first just because you have your foot in it.

Sounds great when I get on it. Runs a little better, no neck snapping though:rolleyes: Next on the list is the SCT

How do you like the sound?

You can drive for fuel economy or performance just by the sound.

If you are like most, your mileage will go down at first just because you have your foot in it.

...and if you are like me, it will STAY down...:)

I just installed the K&N last night. I drove around last night, then to work today.

I hear a whistle/quick hiss when I give it gas. The exhaust sounds louder now when I gun it. Also nice little HP gain. Over all, pretty cool.

Not sure about the whistle/quick sound yet. It kinda gets on my nerves.

Going to move intake to wheel well, and then get SCT. :D

PS You can get this intake on ebay for $255.

intake.jpg

Check all of your connections for tightness, you have an air leak if it is whistling. The intake should not change the exhaust note just the intake sound.

My knn has a whistle too but its a whistle of air going through. Well its not really a whistle but the sound of it sucking in air, I thinks thats normal...right?

My knn has a whistle too but its a whistle of air going through.

ya, must be the air coming in. does it bother you?

I thought that the car would only be louder when I stepped on it. But I hear the whistle even during the begining of light acceleration.

I have the K&N and also get the sucking/whistle sound, and no leaks. I like it, though it can get annoying occasionally, but you should have your tunes goin' anyways.

I know this is an old thread, but TMAN where did you get those covers for the suspension bolts?

Mine had a whistle at one time too. I loosened and re-tighten the mass air sensor and it cleared up.

BTW, nice install LSFantasy

Members online

No members online now.
Back