Just wreckt the LS...

Yeah, doesn't look intentional, looks like he was just an idiot and didn't want to get caught.

Shame about the criminal aspect though. Seeing how it is a company vehicle makes identifying the driver more difficult. Regardless, it would be an easy investigation for 3 misdemeanors at least. Shame the PD weren't interested. Would have been a easy case to give to a rookie. I get warrants on individuals that flee the scene if I can, it's such a shady thing to do.

Also, that dash cam is great. You can view it at 1080P and read the plate like you were standing there.

so waiting until a car is coming before pulling out (lets face it, there is no way they didn't see a neon green car coming) and then as soon as your infront of them and slamming on the brakes and coming to a complete stop in the middle of moving traffic doesn't look intentional?

Yeah, moving traffic and slams on his brakes, if it wasn't for a scam why do it? I don't see yge logic, maybe he was got dared by the passenger to nail the next green car they saw.

Glad you got it sorted it.... blackvue to the rescue!

Sure, while it is such a ridiculous act it seems like it has to be intentional, it doesn't add up. This swoop and squat scam you are referring to is a prevent one, but would require the driver of the ram to declare that Andrizzle hit his vehicle during some form of traffic investigation. With no video, it would have been almost impossible to prove that Andrizzle didn't crash into the rear of the Ram if both drivers provided conflicting statements.

Additionally, the Ram suffered almost no damage. It look like it moved the driver side exhaust some but the impact didn't even crack the bumper plastic. The swoop and squat scam, or similar, is all about money. Racking up damages in a falsified crash with the intent to get the reimbursement check and never get the vehicle fixed. Or in large scale attempts, claim personal injury.

All crime is a basic risk vs reward scenario. Assuming this was a scam attempt, it was all risk and zero reward. Doesn't add up. Ram doesn't declare Andrizzle hit him in a bogus report, nor does he even succeed in getting any real damage that would amount to anything much above a standard deductible. Just a total idiot. Either a total idiot when it comes to controlling an automobile, or the worlds worst insurance scam attempt.

[video=youtube;l-zRyvKxJmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zRyvKxJmc[/video]

I'd say the truck driver is just a damn idiot, who then realized he was in a company truck and decided to bone out. Not intentional, just stupid as hell.

"And I'd have got away with it too, if it wasn't for those pesky kids and their dashcam!"

Wonder if they saw the dashcam after the accident and decided to call it a fail.

I figure the driver wanted to cut down on potential witnesses who could identify the plate numbers. Maybe try and snatch it before Andrizzle could think "let me memorize that plate after getting past the shock because this sketchy MFer is going to flee"

8ewNeSu.jpg

Y3SKALz.jpg

0UdQH2t.jpg

9xoqEi6.jpg

PQqlguZ.jpg

1tABAdj.jpg

542I9m9.jpg

3cyA7qi.jpg

vVjzfty.jpg

GqVEVw3.jpg

B9TSntf.jpg

Nice pics! I saw your vid on youtube and couldnt hold myself to reply to some idiot posting it was your fault and you got lucky the truck dude didnt filed a claim against you. What a retard.

I have a lot more photos, but my phone won't let me upload anymore. Going to have to wait until I'm back on wifi tonight.

The bumper is finished, just need to prime and dip.

Greer progress. I've heard of plastic welding before but never looked into it. I think Pektel used it to modify something in his glove compartment. So basically melt plastic over the missing area, sand down, fill remaining defects with bondo?

Yea basically you get a welder and plastic rods that are the same plastic material as your project, then melt the rods into the seams. Apparently a lot of body shops are doing this now. It is incredibly economical. I bought a pretty nice welder since I am a hardcore DIYr, so mine was more expensive ($160), but it has temperature control for the different types of plastics. There are some cheap ones out there that are just one temp (usually too hot) and can still get the job done from what I've seen on Youtube.

And yea, basically weld the cracks together, then I had to build up an epoxy over the area to bring it level with the rest of the bumper and fill in the imperfections. The epoxy I am using is called U-POL 706, it is fast setting and flexible when hardened, so it is basically instant plastic. Also it has very nice sand-ability and can be feathered out for finish without any glaze.

Very good work, looks good.

For anyone interested, a simple soldering iron works great on plastic as a cutter. It's almost like a plasma torch on metal. I've used a soldering iron to make fairly precise cuts in plastic pieces. Draw where you want to cut, then use a pencil tip to slide along the drawn marks and it will cut exactly where you need it to. I keep a 20 dollar Radio Shack special around for the job. Mind you, you don't want to use it for actual soldering anymore, and it stinks like mad. Don't breathe the fumes.

Wet sanded and installed. Ready for paint this coming weekend.

7ADlsWe.jpg

OT5hQti.jpg

plr7oDc.jpg

Painted grill insert and taped off for dip.

GOsrEKk.jpg

ynd2p9a.jpg

Members online

Back