Just tore up my Baby...... Tears...

htiek123

LVC Member
Reaction score
The worst car to drive in the snow..... I live in Morristown, NJ... We had our first snow..... When I hit the breaks they pushed back.

I was going about 30 miles an our when the back fishtailed and hid a lamp pole... No pics.... Towed it to my Garage.... Tears.... Car big 1.jpg

This was it before it was hit today.....

Car big 1.jpg

A body shop should be able to pull out those kinds of dents in a day or so.

I don't know...... I may just start again.... The Driver side wheel is all bent.... He will let me know on Monday.... If I can just drive it, I will save up and get me another LS........ Pics to follow....

That's really unfortunate. I can only imagine how you feel. I got upset last week just because I got a rock chip in the windshield

I work near Englishtown (Raceway Park) and sent one of my drivers up to Hackensack today. He texted me while there asking if it was snowing as hard here as it was there... we just had cold, bitter rain south of 287/440.

Insurance??? How bad is it??? Those wheels at a salvage yard are only about $125 where I live. Maybe control arms, knuckle, wheel bearing hub assembly and inner/outer tie rods. Quarter panels may still be available from there dealer. If not,,, you may get to start over because the insurance company may total the vehicle. At least YOU are ok!!! THAT IS THE IMPORTANT PART.

Insurance??? How bad is it??? Those wheels at a salvage yard are only about $125 where I live. Maybe control arms, knuckle, wheel bearing hub assembly and inner/outer tie rods. Quarter panels may still be available from the dealer. If not,,, you may get to start over because the insurance company may total the vehicle. At least YOU are ok!!! THAT IS THE IMPORTANT PART.

At least you're OK. Sounds like you need a good set of snow tyres. All seasons really aren't!!!!

Sorry for your luck man, chin up!

Something to be said for storage and 1000$ winter beaters.

Sorry for your luck man, chin up!

Something to be said for storage and 1000$ winter beaters.

My coworker was shopping for a new toy car but came across a 95ish Civic with snow tires and bought it for $400 instead. New beater/commuter that gets better gas mileage than his Trans Am

$1200 Forrester with new winter tires: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4828638556.html

My aunt ran her 2000 to 416,000 miles (granted, it was 95% highway)

My coworker was shopping for a new toy car but came across a 95ish Civic with snow tires and bought it for $400 instead. New beater/commuter that gets better gas mileage than his Trans Am

$1200 Forrester with new winter tires: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4828638556.html

My aunt ran her 2000 to 416,000 miles (granted, it was 95% highway)

Looks like it also needs about a grands worth of work!

Just needs some bondo.

Glad you're ok.

Tires are everything. Never had abs take the car into a slide like that.

Would anybody want it? 2005 VS Sport... 189,000.... However... New Coils and plugs... Last week, new front rotors and Shocks, the week before new inner and outer toe rods (Front) October New rear toe bars... New front and rear Stabilizer bars.... I live in Morristown NJ.... I'm already contacting Salvage yards for pick up, before he starts charging me storage fees.... I just got all my personal stuff out of it..... I'm all ready on to my next LS......

how much for the center caps on the wheels?

Looks totaled to me. Sorry

my thoughts as well...

damn, thats rough, at least it was something you walked away from without a problem, right

on a brighter note, Another case of a bullet proof moonroof getting by unscathed! lol

^ that's the one (from a member here) that has that one-of front lower lip spoiler that you will never find again! Noticeable by the inverted piece that go from the side of the fog light housing into the cooling inlet. None like it around. Some sort of custom fab. Was discussed in a thread somewhere. Supposedly a modified Wings West lip.

33617631909.356541745.IM1.14.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

2079449770_b091995581.jpg

The kit is a Wings West kit. I know this for a fact since I sent pictures of your car to my Wings West rep. He said it is a kit they sale but it has been modified by someone other than Wings West. That is not an OEM part.

I do like the wrap around part near the fog lights. That is a nice touch to the kit.

Used to be hot and horny for that lower front lip, now .... not so much!

33617631909.356541745.IM1.14.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

2079449770_b091995581.jpg

When I thought my daughter's '00 may need serious engine work done due to the weird missing oil situation she had I was actually looking at this LS (she wanted to stay with the LS due to familiarity) for her. Thankfully her LS is fine; for now.....

Members online

Back