Just picked up a 97 base on snowflakes

hammer489

LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks! I just picked up a 97 WK base on snowflakes. 75k on the clock.

97.jpg

I'm replacing my 94 that I've owned for over 5 years now. Still love the car but the paint (or lack thereof) is toast from the sun.

The seller gave me a receipt for reman Arnott struts purchased in 2010. The whole car leaks down over a day...so I went to the JY today.

coils.jpg

Anybody interested in a set of used air struts? The rear bags are OEM and toast. I'm throwing my Reinhart SCT chip and 93 computer up on ebay from my 94 too...

Get yourself a set of Speedstars and join the fleet club.:D

speedstars or bust on a whie 2nd gen.
nice car. if you dont mind me asking how much $ ?

Thank you Gentlemen! Although an upgrade to 18's isn't an option right now, I found what seems to be an honest guy that is willing to sell me a set of Octi's for a reasonable price. I'm going to check them out/purchase them tomorrow. Once I do the coil conversion/install Octi's/Wash and Was her I will re-post.

Welcome to LVC. Start a thread in the newbie section, and introduce yourself. While your at it, go see max at chapman ford. He's our resident parts supplier.

Not a bad looking car. With a little elbow grease that could be a really good looking car.

It'll look 10x's better once you sand & treat those headlamps! You can do that in 45 minutes or so. I really like how clean it looks.

+1 i used the 3m kit from autozone and my headlights and entire car looked 10x better and mine weren't that bad to begin with. its well worth your while

Good looking car for sure.

How much for used air struts/bags if they hold air? PM me if you like shipped to 66046 business.

Thank you for the kind words Gentlemen.

Step 1 of the transformation:

IMG00998-20120108-1730.jpg

As far as the old bags go, there gone. The front end would leak down overnight so I didn't want to sell anyone garbage.

I bought a rain-x headlight restoration kit and was able to improve the headlight situation but by no means do they look new. Check out the pic for details. Any tips?

Did you do any kind of sanding on the lights? If you didn't you are wasting your time.

+1 Get some super-fine sandpaper, like 1200 & 2400 grit. Wet sand it, then polish them with some polishing compound.

Then use the kit stuff you had on them - they should be perfect.

There are 3 seperate "pads" that come with the kit, as well as what I believe is rubbing compound. The pads are like fine sandpaper. It sounds like I need to use a little more elbow grease. Thanks for the advice.

There are 3 seperate "pads" that come with the kit, as well as what I believe is rubbing compound. The pads are like fine sandpaper. It sounds like I need to use a little more elbow grease. Thanks for the advice.

For sure. That's the same kit that the turtle wax brand comes with & it has turned my headlamps from what yours looked like when you bought them to what mine look like currently. Yes, you have to sand them for about 5-6 min continuously & follow instructions. Pad 1 horizontally, Pad 2 vertically, Pad's 3 & 4 I usually sand miscellaneously then use their compound & finishing gel. You won't regret it when done correctly.

I was looking at that one also, he was asking $2500 right?

what did you end up paying?

Members online

No members online now.
Back