Just got done racing an S2000!

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've seen this car around our area for awhile now. Its that light metallic blue color for the S2000 with a carbon fiber hood, and trunk, and after talking to the guy he has a intake and exhaust and he said he ran a 13.7 in stock trim. But I've always been hesitant to race an S2000 cause I know on paper they will destroy us in the 1/4 no problem *considering my car is stock with just the coilover conversion* but my friend was in town for tonight and we went out to the mall to a place called Manny Brown's and had some dinner and some drinks and played some Golden Tee for awhile. So as I was leaving the parking lot in the Mark I heard an exhaust on a 4 banger and I saw the HID's and I was like i guess its an S2000 or some sorta Honda *you can just tell by the sound of them* and I hit the gas and drink the ass end around real quick but he didn't bite so I was like oh well and went on my way. So I'm pulling onto Route 1 heading home and see these HID's come flying up behind me and I was like nice. I was in the mood for a race anyways. So I pull into the left lane and I put the car in 2nd gear and turned off the O/D and sat at around 70 mph and then once the lane opened up I hit it and got the jump on him and I stayed in front of him and then the right lane opened up and he pulled into the right lane and from 100-132 mph I had him but once the speed limiter kicked in he went right on by. So we raced about two more time to the same results and then we got onto I-95 and the road was wide open and we lined up next to each other and hit it and he jumped ahead and stayed there the whole time but wasn't losing me and I wasn't gaining any ground so we were like dead even and then we let off. And then it turns out the guy was getting off at the same exit and the road when you get off of there is a two lane road so I pulled up next to him and we were going like 10 mph and talking with each other. And the kid was cool *I'd say early to mid 20's or so* and he waslike yeah I ran a 13.7 stock and he was asking me what I ran and we were like I've seen your car around here a lot and yada yada and then he ask's the question. So what do you have done to your car? My response? A nice little smile and said nothing at all! And his reaction was along the line of this :eek2: but overall it was a fun time and he was a cool kid. Hope i see him around more often once I start modding the car! Sorry for the long post and BTW...... :L

Racing in a Honda is like running in the special oplympics... even if he wins, he's still retarded...

94m5 said:
I agree with you guys, but those S2000's look BADASS. I'd love to own 1, someday. Then drop an LS1/6-speed in it.

:)

I just don't understand why people constantly want to add an engine that is obviously to big for small cars. for example. People say that the Zephyr should get the V8 4.6, and now a corvette engine in an S2000. It's just nuts.

TownCar97 said:
I just don't understand why people constantly want to add an engine that is obviously to big for small cars. for example. People say that the Zephyr should get the V8 4.6, and now a corvette engine in an S2000. It's just nuts.

because then they go really really fast. like when i did this:

7.jpg

94m5 said:
I agree with you guys, but those S2000's look BADASS. I'd love to own 1, someday. Then drop an LS1/6-speed in it.

:)

you and your " I like six speeds in things that dont have them" gawd!!

j/k!

TownCar97 said:

You have obviously never been bitten by the power bug. Here take a look at this picture, http://www.fastblackcar.com/RX7/after/target.JPG This is a guy I know off of camaroz28.com. He was one of the 1st to punch an LT1 over 400 CI, and one of the 1st to put down over 500 Hp at the wheels. Keep in mind this was all before he turned 18, and did the work himself. The car in the picture is a mazda rx7, and the engine is an LS1/T56 combo. your looking at 400 Hp, in a 2000 pound car, with damn near PERFECT weight distribution.

My 94 MarkVIII, has a t45 transmission in it, and will soon have a T56, and a 2.4L KB boosted 5.2 stroker (More power that was EVER meant to be in a markVIII), and I don't plan to stop there.

Thats what is great about owning your own shop, and making the investment in a good collection of tools. You CAN do these crazy swaps, (that others think are stupid), and take pride in knowing you did it yourself.

BTW, if you want to see pictures and watch some movies of that camaro, got to. www.fastblackcar.com Look around, there is some hellatious stuff on there.

94m5 said:
You have obviously never been bitten by the power bug. Here take a look at this picture, http://www.fastblackcar.com/RX7/after/target.JPG This is a guy I know off of camaroz28.com. He was one of the 1st to punch an LT1 over 400 CI, and one of the 1st to put down over 500 Hp at the wheels. Keep in mind this was all before he turned 18, and did the work himself. The car in the picture is a mazda rx7, and the engine is an LS1/T56 combo. your looking at 400 Hp, in a 2000 pound car, with damn near PERFECT weight distribution.

My 94 MarkVIII, has a t45 transmission in it, and will soon have a T56, and a 2.4L KB boosted 5.2 stroker (More power that was EVER meant to be in a markVIII), and I don't plan to stop there.

Klutch, Thats what is great about owning your own shop, and making the investment in a good collection of tools. You CAN do these crazy swaps with NO "kit", and take pride in knowing you did it yourself.

BTW, if you want to see pictures and watch some movies of that camaro, got to. www.fastblackcar.com Look around, there is some hellatious stuff on there.

edit.... I forgot to mention, My buddy is getting ready to buy a lincoln LS, thats going to get a 03 cobra drivetrain. Hows that for something that does'nt belong in a car. ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back