just gone done with the j-mod

I was under the impression that the "2nd cat" was not a cat at all...merely a resonator for sound dampening...

Me too but the pats cd says cat. I was also told its for a portion of emissions thats not even being read yet, kind of do it before it gets here cat.

by the way, I have to get inspected in 9 days, I have Geno's exhaust. I'll post the numbers when I get it done.

Kbob said:
My local muffler shop here in OK would not touch the 3rd cat for legal reasons. But I'm sure there are shops that will. Call around and see. Make sure they know there are 3 cats, and you want to get rid of the 3rd one that is located AFTER the O2 sensors. I'm just waiting for the $$ to do my exhaust. Good luck.
Be a man and cut the resonator/cat off yourself. That way the shop cannot be held responsible. Of course, you do have to make it from your driveway to the shop, dodging the cops and breaking windows along the way.
icon10.gif

MonsterMark said:
Be a man and cut the resonator/cat off yourself.
I already tried that, but I got side-tracked taking my friend who was helping me to the hospital.

fw8513ax%20axe%20headband.jpg

i love living in Quebec and not having any kind of yearly inspections for anything on my car.

Kbob said:
I already tried that, but I got side-tracked taking my friend who was helping me to the hospital.

fw8513ax%20axe%20headband.jpg
LMAO.

Hey, 5 minutes and a sawzall and you're good. Just show up at the muffler shop with the Mark throbbing away, tell them that you were running down the freeway a couple of minutes ago and that you heard a loud bang and your rear wheels hopped a few times. Next thing you knew, your exhaust was scattered across the highway. Walk in with Geno's mufflers and at the counter, move the muffler so it catches the light just right and shines in the guy's eye. This will temporarily blind him from the bling and will also serve to hypnotize him. Tell him he 'must install muffler'. He'll do the job in under an hour. Works like a charm everytime.

even if they were 3 times louder than a stock mark VIII it's really not that loud. Our cars have the weakest sounding exhaust systems stock that I have ever heard. Especially if you consider that the exhaust is coming from the same engine as a Cobra which sound about 100 times better stock than the Mark VIII. I know a lot of you guys like having your car quiet, but that's not for me. I like to start up my car and enjoy the sound of a powerful V-8. Not start up a 280hp cobra V8 engine and it sound like i'm driving a ford taurus. Sorry, I guess we'll agree to disagree on the sound part :)
Hell ya I cut off both my mufflers just fior that reason lol

Members online

Back