just gone done with the j-mod

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
7 hours of labor later my mechanic friend and I installed the 1/2 replacment, 3/4, and j-mod. Now my next mod is either getting flowmaster 40 series put on the car or glasspacks? What do you guys suggest since noone said anything about my glasspack post.

thanks.
scott

Exactly at $99.00 a muffler the lowest our mufflers will ever be, there for this car specifically, you can't go wrong. Lifetime warrantied stainless steel.

Glass packs are SO LOUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDD!

ONEBADMK8 said:
Glass packs are SO LOUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDD!
even if they were 3 times louder than a stock mark VIII it's really not that loud. Our cars have the weakest sounding exhaust systems stock that I have ever heard. Especially if you consider that the exhaust is coming from the same engine as a Cobra which sound about 100 times better stock than the Mark VIII. I know a lot of you guys like having your car quiet, but that's not for me. I like to start up my car and enjoy the sound of a powerful V-8. Not start up a 280hp cobra V8 engine and it sound like i'm driving a ford taurus. Sorry, I guess we'll agree to disagree on the sound part :)

If you run ANY muffler on the stock piping and resonator/center cat it will be quiet. You will see. Now if you did our mufflers with no center cat/resonator then it will sound AWESOME!!

ONEBADMK8 said:
If you run ANY muffler on the stock piping and resonator/center cat it will be quiet. You will see. Now if you did our mufflers with no center cat/resonator then it will sound AWESOME!!
well isn't removing the 3rd cat illegal? Even if oklahoma doesn't have inspections anymore, I think mufflers shopped can be fined if they remove cats though, am I wrong>?

sho89mtx said:
even if they were 3 times louder than a stock mark VIII it's really not that loud. Our cars have the weakest sounding exhaust systems stock that I have ever heard. Especially if you consider that the exhaust is coming from the same engine as a Cobra which sound about 100 times better stock than the Mark VIII. I know a lot of you guys like having your car quiet, but that's not for me. I like to start up my car and enjoy the sound of a powerful V-8. Not start up a 280hp cobra V8 engine and it sound like i'm driving a ford taurus. Sorry, I guess we'll agree to disagree on the sound part :)

When you say "Our cars have the weakest sounding exhuast systems"
I think you MUST be talking about a different car than mine.... LOL.

GET THE LMS SYSTEM DUDE... It'll pass the Oakie Inspections and you and your friends will be blown away with the way "OUR CARS" sound!!!!!

:L

Yeah what the hell are you talking about? My exhaust is still all original and when I hit the gas I scare birds out of trees.

sho89mtx said:
well isn't removing the 3rd cat illegal? Even if oklahoma doesn't have inspections anymore, I think mufflers shopped can be fined if they remove cats though, am I wrong>?

Our system is 50 state legal.

seanklsc said:
Yeah what the hell are you talking about? My exhaust is still all original and when I hit the gas I scare birds out of trees.
u have an offiicial LSC, different exhaust system, so it sounds differen't than mine

ONEBADMK8 said:
You want a muffler that will sound EVIL and as loud as your looking for on a stock system, then check this out. Our Assassins are back!
those are pretty tight! I forgot to tell everyone that if your thinking about doing the j-mod, do it! That is the best mod I have ever done. U talk about noticing a big difference in the way the car drives, it's like night and day! Esepcially when your cruising around at 30mph and punch it, it shifts down immediately and grabs like crazy. It's a very good mod, just takes a lot of time for all the work invovled, but it was worth it. I highly recommend doing it.

Geno I was actually being serious. I'm not sure if its cause my car is an LSC or not but it really screams when I hit the gas. I mean, it doesn't sound like a Mustang, but you definitely know my car has 8 cyls and you can definitely hear when it's pissed off.

seanklsc said:
Geno I was actually being serious. I'm not sure if its cause my car is an LSC or not but it really screams when I hit the gas. I mean, it doesn't sound like a Mustang, but you definitely know my car has 8 cyls and you can definitely hear when it's pissed off.

Oh no I know that. I just loved the description. I never heard that before.

seanklsc said:
must be nice :Bang

sho89mtx said:
My local muffler shop here in OK would not touch the 3rd cat for legal reasons. But I'm sure there are shops that will. Call around and see. Make sure they know there are 3 cats, and you want to get rid of the 3rd one that is located AFTER the O2 sensors. I'm just waiting for the $$ to do my exhaust. Good luck.

Yes it does and that is its purpouse. The secondary cat does not make a difference on the emissions readings I have seen.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back