Just Did the Eibach's

SikLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just did the Eibachs today, I have to say out of all the springs on all the different cars I have owned these are the best. I honestly think the ride quality is a little better than it was stock. Here are a few pics after the install.

CarPics007.gif

CarPics006.gif

CarPics005.jpg

Kool, Did you do it yourself? How long did it take you? Did you have help?, and did you use spring compressors to do the job? I have mine in the box just waiting for the schedule to clear...i hate work...

Car looks great. Did you replace the shocks when you did the springs? If so which did you use?

Either Eibachs or HID's will be my next mod.

Kool, Did you do it yourself? How long did it take you? Did you have help?, and did you use spring compressors to do the job? I have mine in the box just waiting for the schedule to clear...i hate work...

Yes, I did do it myself. It took about an hour and a half. I did use a spring compressor and air tools. This is an easy job. Springs are always kind of sketchy, if you haven't done this yourself then I would reccommend getting someone who has done this before to help you. If a compressed spring slips loose you could be in big trouble.

Car looks great. Did you replace the shocks when you did the springs? If so which did you use?

Either Eibachs or HID's will be my next mod.

I did replace the front shocks when I did the springs. My car is a sport so I just used a set of ford oem shocks for the sport.

Follow up on spring time

Yes, I did do it myself. It took about an hour and a half. I did use a spring compressor and air tools. This is an easy job. Springs are always kind of sketchy, if you haven't done this yourself then I would reccommend getting someone who has done this before to help you. If a compressed spring slips loose you could be in big trouble.

Was that 1 1/2 hours total, or per corner. The reason I ask, is there have been other people posting 4-6 hours, with help.

Was that 1 1/2 hours total, or per corner. The reason I ask, is there have been other people posting 4-6 hours, with help.

No thats total. Like I said this isnt the first time I have done this. Air tools help speed this process up quite a bit.

Power tools and knowing what you are doing makes things much easier. When I replaced the springs/struts on my previous vehicle, it took about 1.5 hrs never doing it before. The lowering springs were short enough that I did not have to compress them other than by hand to get them on the new struts, so that helped.

i will budget 4 hours, and that'll give me some time for a couple cold ones...

Do you guys think it is absolutely necessary to replace the shocks during a Eibach spring install? I have around 80k on my LS. The car still rides great can not tell the difference in shock performance. I know Lincoln recommends 50k replacement on shocks.

well you are 60% over due then for new shocks, and do you really want to tear apart the whole thing again to replace them in the near future?

Just get new shocks and do it all @ once. I didn't and I know I am going to kick myself when I go to replace them (soon).

Good call Loud. I think after I get finished with the spring install im going to be sick and tired of suspension work for a while.

Members online

No members online now.
Back