Just bought some winter beater rims

shawn_sloma

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked these up cheap. Tires on the stock rims were dry rotted and need something to get through the winter.

IMG_20121116_123610.jpg

Were those the ones for sale in mount prospect? Think I saw them on Craigslist..

They were. Seen them posted several times and he had his price down to $390. He ended up taking $300 for the set because of the curb rash on all 4 of them. They aren't bent or anything and handle fine since putting them on. If they make it through the winter I might get the rash repaired and have them repowdercoated.

You're gonna have to be careful goin over potholes..those tires look pretty thin.

They are 20's with goodyear eagle gt's all season. The sidewall is around 3 inches. This car is my daily driver back and forth to work and the roads I take are pretty much pothole free. Traveling on my day off I'll drive my 2004 celica.

This is my other car which I try to keep the miles off of. Took forever to find one this factory color.

5N15Hd5Ja3G13md3Hfbct1f7d2f2e47331601.jpg

It could be worse. I drove a fox body mustang with 4.10's and trickflow built engine for two years in Chicago winters. Third year I bought a Ford LTD police car with a built 351 windsor in it for winter, year after that I drove an 85 300zx turbo for winter.

That and my GF just recently got a job so I am letting her drive the Celica, which would be safer for her to drive. Originally wasn't planning on driving this beast in the winter but plans have changed and a Mark can't be any worse than what I've driven in winter before.

It could be worse. I drove a fox body mustang with 4.10's and trickflow built engine for two years in Chicago winters. Third year I bought a Ford LTD police car with a built 351 windsor in it for winter, year after that I drove an 85 300zx turbo for winter.

That and my GF just recently got a job so I am letting her drive the Celica, which would be safer for her to drive. Originally wasn't planning on driving this beast in the winter but plans have changed and a Mark can't be any worse than what I've driven in winter before.

The other reason as to why I think you have it the other way around....

The Mark VIII is the BETTER car!:D

The other reason as to why I think you have it the other way around....

The Mark VIII is the BETTER car!:D

I agree completely! I will also say that I don't think anyone on here has driven a celica in winter. I put Blizzaks on it and the thing is still a complete headache at times to drive in the snow. Car is so light that traction is something hard to maintain with it but, the GF refuses to drive a RWD car in the winter.

I just hope I can get my VA disability approved in the next 6 months to get working on this car.

Just a suggestion, why don't you keep those wheels and tires for good weather and get some snowflakes for the winter. I know several members on here could hook you up. Alex (Ultimate SVT) has a set he's willing to let go of cheap. The 16's will do much better in snow and the tires are much cheaper than 20's

Members online

No members online now.
Back