Just bought an LS, tint question

DrJsl2008

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2002 LS and I love it. Drove three hours to pick it up and it was well worth the drive. It already had windows tinted, well all but the driver's. I don't know anything about tints, and wanted to get the driver's side done as the rest look pretty good. The one question I have is, on all of the windows the tint stops about a quarter of an inch from the edge. It is unseen when the windows are all the way up. I was wondering if this is normal, or just a bad tint job. I don't know if I can get just the one done, or if I should really get all of them and just leave the back as is because that looks fine.

Summary: Is window tint supposed to stop about 1/4 of an inch from the edge of the windows?

Yea that is pretty common, but should be closer to 1/8 an inch and they will tint just onw window for you. The problem is matching the exact brand and the fact the others probably have some fade over time so they won't match the other windows exactly. you could always tint the one and if you dont like it retint the rest of them. But be careful with the back window and you might just wanna leave that one. And also most states there are tint laws and that might be why that window wasn't tinted.

I would just have them retint it all. It sounds like a lame job and also I wouldnt be suprised to see it deteriorate if it was cheaply applied. Also I dunno how a shop would back up warranty for a single window. Seems too annoying to deal with, especially if there is a 1/4 gap @ the tops. There should only be about an 1/8th or less if it is good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back