Just bought a Mark VII

LSCMike

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC black interior and burgandy (didn't look at color code yet) with 78k miles from a friend. The car is really fun to drive, we installed MAC 1 5/8th shorties with off road h-pipe and 2.5 inch exhaust with flowmaster 40s :L People just don't expect it and it just turns heads. But there are a few problems with the car. The rear bags go down after the car has been shut off for a long time, possibly a slow leak? It leaks a lot faster in the winter months. The speedo is also off by like 5mph maybe 10mph at some speeds I think. Also we could never figure out why it shifts so damn quickly are the AODs like this from the factory? I have been doing a lot of reading on both this site and FvC and I just could not find the answers to my questions.

Sounds like you need new rear air bags. You can get them from strutmasters or Arnott. The links are on the side of the page. :W to :V :Beer

Welcome Mike

LSCMike said:
I just recently bought a 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC black interior and burgandy (didn't look at color code yet) with 78k miles from a friend. The car is really fun to drive, we installed MAC 1 5/8th shorties with off road h-pipe and 2.5 inch exhaust with flowmaster 40s :L People just don't expect it and it just turns heads. But there are a few problems with the car. The rear bags go down after the car has been shut off for a long time, possibly a slow leak? It leaks a lot faster in the winter months. The speedo is also off by like 5mph maybe 10mph at some speeds I think. Also we could never figure out why it shifts so damn quickly are the AODs like this from the factory? I have been doing a lot of reading on both this site and FvC and I just could not find the answers to my questions.
You have just joined the family of those who LOVE the air ride system, the floks on this website are very knowledgeable and willing to help, you might want to register at lincolnsonline.com, the folks there have been very kind and helpful to me as I have tried to understand my 96 Continental.
wishing you good luck with you Mark.
crazyhorse

welcome :W :V aboard and good luck with your mk7,,,, my air bags drop overnight too (either new bags or o-ring s,,,,haven,t had the time to really check it out having to much fun with it ). these are fun cars and can freak some out as how fast they are.,,,, :invasion: again all the best with her,,,,,, regards" kahuna" steve :dj: :L

Welcome mate! :Beer

LSCMike said:
People just don't expect it and it just turns heads.
Yeah, ain't that fun as hell.

LSCMike said:
The rear bags go down after the car has been shut off for a long time, possibly a slow leak? It leaks a lot faster in the winter months.
Most likely, that's what it is. Replace the rears before they wear your pump out.

LSCMike said:
Also we could never figure out why it shifts so damn quickly are the AODs like this from the factory?
They can get sloppy with age. You can adjust this at the Shift linkage on throttle body. (it's that black plastic item with little serrations on it) Pull the retaining pin off to disconnect it from the throttle. Push the white pin on the bottom of the plastic block up to free up the adjuster. Slide it back, only slighty, push the pin back down to lock it, re-attach it to the throttle and drive it to see if it's where you want it. Could take a few adjustments to get it right.

LSCMike said:
I have been doing a lot of reading on both this site and FvC and I just could not find the answers to my questions.
:waving: Go to the autoparts store and spend $15 on a Haynes manual for your car.

WELCOME ! ... i had the same problem with the speedo, easy to fix though if you have a gps or someone else who can drive in a car. i just took my gps with me while driving and the plastic cover from the cluster de installed. Then I just adjusted the speedo needle were it needed to be - DONE.

:L

congrats on the new ride Man
may she be with you for a long time

Thanks for all the responses guys! Looks like Ill be buying new rear bags, possibly even front ones now. When i turn the car off the front right drops right away. But I really don't mind because :L . As for the speedo I don't have a gps lol.

Go to the autoparts store and spend $15 on a Haynes manual for your car
I have a Shop Manual :N just need to open it.

Thanks a lot guys :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back