Just a funny Lincoln Mark VIII story.

The Silver Bullet

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So 3 guys are talking, 2 are good friends, 1 of the 3 does not know one of the others, yet is friends with the other. They meet at a friends house to play some pool... as the games go on, the competitive banter gets going as they look at the shifter carts in this garage... Long story short, it turns into a car subject. "My car is faster than yours", comes out of one guys mouth. "Hmmm, we can find that out if you'd like."

Car 1- 97 Mark VIII LSC (Stock), Car 2- 01 Mustang GT (Maybe Stock ?)

>Stang- "So you think your Lincoln is faster than my GT huh?"
>Mutual Friend- "Them Mark VIII's are pretty quick dude."
>Stang- "Really? We'll see... So do you really think that Mark will run me down?"
>Mark VIII- "I'm not sure, but I'll sure give it hell trying."
>Stang- "I'm lighter, same HP round abouts... right? (Heads nod among the guys) So what makes you think you can win?"
>Mark VIII- "I think there's more to it than simply which car is faster."
>Stang- "We'll see. Start us." (Looking at Mutual Friend)

Both cars line up... Do a little tire scrubbin', then line up...
Ready???? GO!!!!

GT lights them up...
Mark VIII hooks...
Mark VIII wins.

When they return to Mutual Friend, Stang gets out... "Wow, didn't expect that. Nice."
>Mark VIII- "Doesn't matter much which car is faster, if I'm putting power to the ground while you sit and spin... You lose."
>Stang- "You know on paper my car wins every time, hands down. So don't think your car is faster."
>Mark VIII- "Good thing for me we just raced on concrete & black top instead of a road made of paper then, huh?" :D

Driver mod is the most important mod.

I thought it was funny too. I was cracking up as I said "Good thing for me we just raced on concrete & black top instead of a road made of paper then, huh?" I just couldn't help myself. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back