Just a couple questions.

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been searching for a while and found some useful info, but decided to bring it up and get some fresh input.

Here's the first thing:

My temp gauge started to act odd today. It normally sets at 9:00 or M. I've noticed that sense I started using the AC this summer, it only blows cold at the 60 degree mark if i turn it to 65 it blows heat. Any idea's there? Just in case you missed it, it's a 96'. Also, the gauge will go up to r and sometimes O while running it. The fan is coming on when it's supposed to. Today I didn't have the AC on and it started to go up, first to r and then after a few miles went up to O and then once I started to get worried about it, in a flash it dropped back to M. I replaced the stat last year and the water pump the year before.

Next question, I had to pull the 2 amps out of my car along with the 2 subs. I put them back in and now I have alternator noise and when the fan turns on it makes a loud hum, I've checked the grounds and they're good. Everything is the same as when I pulled it, I didn't change a thing. It had no noise before, so I'm really kind of stumped. Like I said, all wires are in the exact same position as before I pulled it out 2 weeks ago. All RCA plugs are in snug and all + and- are correct.

Any insight will be appreciated.

Low on freon maybe?

Ground hum, did you run a screw into one of your RCAs? (BTDT, retired audio installer)

I noticed on my 2300 mile trip to Indiana and Ohio in june that my car would run on the noRMal (between the R&M) but when I put my air on it ran between the M&A

Hey Greg,

Justins 96 did the same thing. Replaced radiator and it took care of it. Look close at the side tanks on radiator for signs of leakage. Don't know if any parts houses have a pressure tester for the cooling system. Has to be hooked up at the crossover tube. Been looking for the adapter but no luck finding one.

Side note - 57 is legal! Got it all done yesterday. Gonna replace the radiator today and chase wires for the ac. System has like 195 lbs pressure but no juice to compressor. Should be interesting, only about 30k wires under dash, lol!

Thanks all,l Congrats on the 57 Tim, Bob I'll double check my RCA's. Roger, good to hear from you, hope all is going well in your world. I'll let you know if I need one. Thanks again for the input guys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back