just a couple of pics for you guys..

mikes04lincolnls

LVC Member
Reaction score
heres some pics of my LS.. need some ideas and thoughts..

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

Where did you steal the stop sign??

Just playin.. Clear the corners and get angel eyes. First two things I'm ganna do. After any maintence work that is.

Wheels and color match the sideskirts!

Tint!

there really strict about tint in RI.. like really bad.. i had a 97 accord before this car and it had 5% all the way around, got pulled over and had to pay a 250$ BS ticket.. I don't even call them cops, i call them revenue collectors..I love the dark ass tint but its just not worth the ticket.. And if i do put the tint on its gatt a be like next to nothing.. like 30-35% :eek:

Yeah i checked the laws and its 70% VLT which is basically no tint.

I would do like a 30% at least and see if you dont get messed with. 5% is just asking to get pulled over even here in texas where they allow a very dark 25% all around and 0% on the rear (which is too dark regardless).

At least do wheels, skirts, LSE grille and that will really sharpen things up. Some light tint will help it pop. Right now you have the worst wheels that ever came on an LS.

yea i no i hate them.. i don't think they came with the 2004 LS.. i think the guy who had it before me put those stupid looking ones on.. no idea why, they look so so baddd.. "kills the car" one of my buddy said haha. yea I'm ganna look into getting maybe a nice looking factory jag or LS rims, or maybe some nice aftermarket one.. i really do like some of the factory ones they got out there.

The car has one little problem with it tho, when i go over some good size bombs in the road, i can hear like 1 or 2 doors making noise. (almost like if there not closed all the way). no lights on in the dash, maybe someone on here can help me out with this.

No those are gen I wheels indeed.

Thats normal.

As the car gets older it makes more and more noises. Even my 06 with lower mileage makes quite a few noises here and there. Its just what happens as cars age and plastics get old.

And no lights? Check your interior light switch make sure its turned all the way up but not to where it clicks.

looks good...

something needs to be done about all that chrome on the front grille though...heard of plasti-dip?

no, what I'm saying is that you know when you open a door the light comes on in the information center that says passenger or driver door ajar (or whatever).. there are no waring lights that come up. (doors are all closed). but like as you said as the car gets older you start hearing more and more noises. i was just wondering if there was anyway to fix that.. its kinda annoying cuz thats the only noise i hear going over bumps..

yea i no i hate them.. i don't think they came with the 2004 LS.. i think the guy who had it before me put those stupid looking ones on.. no idea why, they look so so baddd.. "kills the car" one of my buddy said haha. yea I'm ganna look into getting maybe a nice looking factory jag or LS rims, or maybe some nice aftermarket one.. i really do like some of the factory ones they got out there.

The car has one little problem with it tho, when i go over some good size bombs in the road, i can hear like 1 or 2 doors making noise. (almost like if there not closed all the way). no lights on in the dash, maybe someone on here can help me out with this.

those do typically make noise when you drive over them

What's the story on the grille. It's like an LSE crossbred with the stock one?

Maintenance first or at the same time with mods. Tint first even if it is just a skosche, just something to get rid of the clear. At least gen II wheels but if you're replacing the wheels might as well throw some nice 19's or Sentas on there. Color match the grille surround and rear surround. Could do HID or LED fogs for cheap.

And from what it looks like a LOC for an aftermarket system if that tickles your fancy. Looks like you have the navigation and you have to jump through a few hoops to install an aftermarket double din in there.

Yea I bought the grill off eBay. It's a stock LS grill but it's been chromed. And what are you talking about the LOC? I do not have the nav, although I do want to get one.

Oh, nice, well color match it lol. A line out converter that taps into the rear speakers for a signal to send to an amp.

Oh I thought the antenna above the rear window was for navigation. Guessing it's for satellite?

yea its for the sirius radio.. I love having satellite radio, way better than FM.. :) I wanna get the LED convertion kit that changes all of the factory lights to LEDS. I think you can get the kit for like 100$

You know whats even better than siruis??

Pandora! All you need is an iphone and any iphone compatible headunit with an unlimited data plan. Free radio ftw.

Yea I listen to Pandora 90% of the time I am in my car... I have hardly any actual songs on my phone's storage.

To the OP, looks like you did a burnout in your garage.

You know whats even better than siruis??

Pandora! All you need is an iphone and any iphone compatible headunit with an unlimited data plan. Free radio ftw.

I have pandora and got grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited so my iPhone is blowing through data constantly. I would hate to only have 2gigs what a joke.

I have pandora and got grandfathered into Verizon's unlimited so my iPhone is blowing through data constantly. I would hate to only have 2gigs what a joke.

I stream all day long on my verizon, i could imagine paying for data...

Local guy aye, Im in Mass,

Nice base for a good build. Start by color matching the chrome stuff and rims, there some on Craigslist in your area for decent prices...

That's a chrome stick-on overlay kit on the grille.

Everything looks good, but the incomplete grill. Looks like you have one of those chrome overlays on your grill and the area below the emblem is black.

yea its for the sirius radio.. I love having satellite radio, way better than FM.. :) I wanna get the LED convertion kit that changes all of the factory lights to LEDS. I think you can get the kit for like 100$

I converted all the lights in my interior to LED for under half that IIRC.

Members online

Back