Joey, You'er In our Thoughts

I'm truley sorry to hear about your loss, Joey. Be strong and you know we all are here for you. I'll keep her in my prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear this terrible news.. You (Joey) and your family will be in my prayers.. "Living" is certainly in all of our best interests but there is a better place to be and I'm sure She's there now...

Joey,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my father to cancer 9 years ago you and your family will be in my prayers. If you need to talk send me a message if you want or to any of the others, again you will be in my prayers. TAKE CARE. :smilies-3

Joey,
You have my deepest condolences. My impressions throught your postings are you are a hell of a guy. I'm sure your mother was no small part of that fact. I wish you and your family the best through these difficult times.

Lost my dad when I was 19 years old, He was 46. Now I am 43 and my son is 17. These last couple of years I have been looking at life in a different light.

I know your pain Joey. We are all hear for you.

Joey,

My prayers go out to you and your family. Best wishes to you and your family.

Joey, We're all very sorry to here the terrible news. I haven't yet experienced the pain of loosing a close family member and I dread the day I do.

You're in my thoughts. My best goes to you and your family.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words of support. The last 10 days have been pure hell.

Mom, diagnosed with lung cancer, was on oxygen (only when she needed it) for about 2 weeks - one day she didnt feel like the oxygen was doing its job so we took her to the ER.

Long and painful story short, my brother and I had a round the clock vigil with her. The most she was awake was for a few moments at a time the first few days. She couldnt get out of bed, she was medicated for pain to the point of near coma. We spent 10 days watching her breathe, or labor to breathe is a better description. Pure agony.

Sunday morning the Dr asked me to take her oxygen away to hasten her passing and that she would last about 2 hours. The end would be no different this way then if I chose not to do it, it would only be sooner. I decided to follow the Doc's advice. Mom had other ideas...... 12 hours later she finally relented and passed. So much for the Doc's 2 hour prediction.

I can honestly say I never want to go through another 10 days like this.

My Mother was my best friend in every way. She was only 59, and I am barely starting to fully realize how big the void she left is.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

I know I don't hardly know you Joey, and I don't know yo9ur mother at all, but I kinda wrote this in the past 10 minutes for you. It just happens for me.... I have to keep a pen and paper near me at all times...

Remembrance

Remember me as I was,
vibrant, young, and bold,
full of life, and love
there to hold you,
there to scold you,
I helped you to bloom,
and told you "clean your room."
I was there for your birth,
you were there for my death.
But don't you fear,
for while you live,
I am still here.
In your heart,
and in your mind,
you are my mark.
You are my legacy.
You are..
my remembrance.

Phil Jaffe 7/13/04 2:45 am

It came out like that, instead of the simpler, rember her in life, dont remember her in death. Those are the memories that you should always cherish, because in those, in that love you have, she'll continue to exist, in one of the most important places to her. In you and your family.

Hey Joey, your quite strong, Ive been there I lost my dad not to long ago when i was in high school. From what i remember feeling i will just tell you this

You know my instand message address and the website messenger. Id love to be an ear to talk to or some comic relief. Trust me i can talk for hours.

Joey - Not much more I can say that hasn't already been said, man. I'm very sorry and offer my condolences to you and your family. If there's anything you need, feel free to give me a holler. All the best, and stay strong - you know your Mom would want that.

Regards,

Tom Raia

Joey and family.
I'm truly sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm sure she is comfortable now and watching over her family.

Steve & Jeannie.

Joey,

Take your time to greave, don't worry about much at this moment. Your friends will take care of the work load -

Don't worry about this site - you have done well and your support staff here will take care until you return.

Good to see you posting a bit - Keep moving forward -

It sure is amazing to see what a bunch of decent people this site has brought together. Must have something to do with its creator.

:smilies-3 way to go Joey! -

I'm sorry for your loss. I just lost my dad last Christmas. If there's anything I can do.....please let me know.

Kerry Keim
Chaplain-Racers For Christ

Man, Joey, your story is just gut-wrenching. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard these past 2 weeks have been. But you did the right thing. You stayed by your moms side and helped to ease her suffering. God bless your mother for obviously raising you right and being so wonderful to you. And God bless you for being a loving and devoted son.

Ken

Members online

No members online now.
Back