Jobs...

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Wondering what people do for a living on here on the site, you can be detailed at what you write or if you dont want to then dont! But of course since I started the thread I will start with my job:

Sell Cell phones for a company based out of Colorado and Nebraska called Viaero Wireless - Work there in the mornings til 6 then I head out to Fed Ex and unload packages from the trucks till about 8 or so -

Total hours a week - 50 to 60

What do you do to earn ur cold hard cash??

Third key/team lead-retail. ( but at my store I call it general manager:rolleyes: )
I also help create planograms and I do other work at our district office twice a week.

I used to work at Office Max here in town and I swear at one time we had to chagne our planograms at least 3 times in a month I just wanted to shoot those people...no offence :p

Trust me, I hate having to make the damn things. But, if the damn people would follow them properly the first time:p

I was a union bricklayer for 6 years. Untill I lost my job to scabs. Now i collect unemployment checks and sell my toys.

Civil Engineer.... Designer by title
I design Malls, Target, Hardee's, streets & roadway projects, etc. This includes designing sewers & pumpstations, detention ponds & structures, parking lots & sidewalks, water & other utilities; and presenting these projects to the cities in which we are permitting the projects..... all across the country.

~50hr/wk

ornamental metal fabricator/ installer for a 57 year old local shop. been in the field for over 15 years but took a 4 year break from welding. recently went back to the same company i worked for 4 years ago. new owner now but same company. some of the things we do.

horz14.jpeg

railing_7.jpg

railing_2.jpg

railing_1.jpg

railing_12.jpg

stairs_2.jpg

stairs_6.jpg

drive_gate_3.jpg

we currently have 3 more spirals in the shop as of today, one is by itself and the other two are gonna be stacked, from ground to 2nd floor, and from second to 3rd floor. double stacking spirals is fun!!!
this is actually 2 spiral staircases not a single one. we did the belly rails at the edge of the deck too.

stairs_2.jpg

Shamrock Engineering

I own a small company the repairs and sells parts and inks that go in continuous inkjet coders. These are used to print expiration dates, lot numbers, bar codes etc on all kinds of products- food, milk wire, pvc piep, tubing, etc. Been in biz for about 6 years now. Thought by working for myself, I could control my hours-WRONG!
Website is www.shamrock-info.com.

I program and run a wire EDM.
The wire is .008 thick " about the same thickness as your hair", holds .0002 and will burn anything that can conduct electricity.

YouTube - Wire edm cutting

And a Schutte WU305 5 axis grinder, it can hold .0001 for over 2 inches in length.

YouTube - Schutte WU305 Universal Grinder

For cad I run DP.

YouTube - ESPRIT by DP Technology - FX using a SolidWorks file

Love my job....just no work, I design and make all the tools for a "job shop" mostly screw machines.

YouTube - Screw Machine Products on a Davenport 5 Spindle Automatic

I am down to 30 hours a week. :(

I'm in college and don't really do anything except part time auto detailing and applying as a bouncer for some bar in Center City Philly.

i love your avatar lol

F your couch n****R

yeah i remember grinding my feet into eddie's couch
do you remember why you did it?
cuz eddie could buy another one.

my mom was a mail lady for 15 years had to quit due to arthritis of the hip from carrying the mail funny thing is my stepdad works for UPS and I work for Fed Ex. So I guess we have the government jobs on lock. Haha

i love your avatar lol

F your couch n****R

yeah i remember grinding my feet into eddie's couch
do you remember why you did it?
cuz eddie could buy another one.

Hahah thanks man. That show kills me sometimes.

I'm a US Marine, so I (EDITED VERSION) go to war, when they tell me to. The rest of the time I train my Marines how to fight. Job security is in abundance.

The US will always need the Corps. The most rewarding part of my job is hearing a Marine tell me they want to be just like me. There is no better form of flattery. And somtimes they never tell me that, but when I see them acting exactly like me, I know I have made my enfluence.

If you ask me, its the best job in the world. I have job security, I get to kill people who are trying to kill me, and I get to influence younger Marines to have the desire to kill also.

When people came back from war and have PTSD its usually not the fear of dying that gave it to them. Usually its the things they did. If you can learn to put that aside, and realize you did it for your own survival, than your good.

Basically I love my job. But its not just a job, its a way of life. You join the Army, or the Air Force, or the Navy... but you become a Marine. There is a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never ground dirt into Eddie Murphy's couch...

So what if I ground dirt into Eddie Murphy's couch...

Cocain is a hell of a drug...

Members online

No members online now.
Back