JBL System

netsurfer321

LVC Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a total JBL Sound system for the 1995 Lincoln Continental. If anyone is willing to sell one, or has any information where I could find one, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got the standard, and my girlfriend has the JBL and man those subs in the back make a hell of a difference...

JBL or not JBL

How do I know if I have the JBL system in my 1997 Linc Continental? Will it say on the dash? Or maybe in the VIN number?? Let me know. . THANKS!!

On the tape deck on the little tape flap it should say jbl.. If not, you dont have it. Also, in the trunk, if you pull down the panel under the package tray and see a speaker on each side instead of foam inserts, you have it.

Linc97 said:
How do I know if I have the JBL system in my 1997 Linc Continental? Will it say on the dash? Or maybe in the VIN number?? Let me know. . THANKS!!

Yes, it's also in the VIN.

Check here. See #7 near the bottom.

I did know the conti came with diferent types of systems. does the other system have subs too?

Jbl

Good question Mark. . . my 1997 doesn't have the JBL system, just the standard AM/FM cassette. . But I do see a large enclosure between the two rear speakers. . it is in front of the rear stop light on the rear deck on the back seat. . . what is this enclosure? I dont want to force this open, but it would seem to be a subwoofer??? Anyone know what this enclosure is in a NON JBL system?

Linc97 said:
-- But I do see a large enclosure between the two rear speakers. . it is in front of the rear stop light on the rear deck on the back seat. . . what is this enclosure? I dont want to force this open, but it would seem to be a subwoofer??? Anyone know what this enclosure is in a NON JBL system?

I hate to keep re-directing, but if the shoe fits :)

Check these threads:

Here's one..
and another...

Ok few things. First, in the NON-Jbl system, those two speaker outlets on both sides of that funny metal grate dont actually have speakers in them, thats where the subs normally go. The subs in the non-jbl system are actually speakers that provide a little bass, nothing too special. In the JBL system, those two outlets have 6.5 inch subs in them (two) which provide INCREDIBLE bass. That funny little grate is actually just a vent into the trunk compartment. Nothing more.

i thought the rear deck "subs" in the JBL are actually 6x9" woofers. Not actualy a sub in the sense, but simply a woofer. I swore when i pulled down my rear compartment in my 96 it was 6x9's (or possibly 5x7's).

I was just wondering about this the other day.....I saw the grill back there so now I have to dig into the trunk to see what if anything is back there.

correction, they are 6X9's, but they are only there if you have the jbl system. Also there is a seperate amp located in the package tray in the trunk just for those two 6x9's.

The (6x9's) actually are 5x7's and they have NOTHING to do with the sub enclosure.

The sub enclosure, mounted directly above the spare tire, is a seperate entitity and yes, it has it's own amp. on the package shelf.

It's raining out here in So.California so today wont due at all, but I can take some photos if there's an interest.

The system is detailed in the Shop Manual too.

Members online

Back