Jaguar STR brembo brakes

this brake upgrade is overkill for the Ls anyways, maybe if it had 400 plus horses , looks good though lol

Screenshot_2014-05-04-16-06-44.jpg

these paired with SS brake lines and you ll fly out your windshield when you brake lol

Screenshot_2014-05-02-22-44-02.jpg

they do look amazing...his whole car looks awesome...but is it over kill..?.. I live in the mountains...and with the new wheels, I have noticed some brake fading with the stockers...the more the better... and the 4 pot looks even better.....right?

are you running ceramic pads ? regular rotors ( not slotted or drilled )

they do look amazing...his whole car looks awesome...but is it over kill..?.. I live in the mountains...and with the new wheels, I have noticed some brake fading with the stockers...the more the better... and the 4 pot looks even better.....right?

Try using the engine to slow down. It won't hurt the car and will save the brakes. I came down Pike's Peak and my brake temp was so low the ranger at the checkpoint couldn't believe it!

Bone stock brakes..yes
If I can find a set of those I'll put them on as an upgrade for the time being... but I feel challenged to do a 4 piston set now...it's my goal...and I miss match brake components all the time on my builds for work... and all my older vehicles. ..I'm sure I can come up with something. .I'll let you guys know what I come up with

Dang...that's ok... I just recently got my car back on the road..and upgraded to 20's... I'll get one on order... I want to see what issues you encountered... since the rears will fit... I might just go ahead with a set...worst case scenario I'll have some really cool paper weights...right..?

I first ordered the fronts but since those didn't fit, I did not attempt the rears. The rears I have that will fit are from a camaro, not from the s type r. The front brembos were too bulky, probably causing a need for a spacer that would push my wheels out too far, so pushing for the move to the slimmer wilwoods. The guy that built my turbo kit got me those calipers and I finished the bracket design. He went with the wilwoods after the front brembos would not fit. I dont know exactly why but that would be my guess.

yea, lol I have some in my watch list. But I was looking on car-parts.com and think if I make a few calls should be able to find a better deal... I bought a set off there from an 08 srt8 last year with d&s rotors and stainless lines for $450.. If I can find a yard with both yrs of r types in question I could probably mix and match until I make something work... not banking on it working... but definitely gonna give it a shot... have you tried the 2010-up camaro brembos on the front..? aree they too big also..?

I have not tried front brembos myself, but later on will hopefully be get some front 6 piston brembos, if their size will allow them to fit the ls, and mock up a bracket for them. But for now, I will rock the Frankenstein set up.

Don't forget about the parking/emergency brake. The Stoptech design requires two calipers.

Don't forget about the parking/emergency brake. The Stoptech design requires two calipers.

If you're talking to me, I got that covered. I will be using a parking brake a guy makes for the older vipers, it is small and discreet, I will paint it black so it is not too visible. It allows for rotors up to 1.375", most calipers I found would fit rotors less than an inch, wilwood has one can only go up to .81".

If you're talking to me, I got that covered. I will be using a parking brake a guy makes for the older vipers, it is small and discreet, I will paint it black so it is not too visible. It allows for rotors up to 1.375", most calipers I found would fit rotors less than an inch, wilwood has one can only go up to .81".

Not really. With the research you've done I figured you had that covered. It was more for Mr. Adams or anyone else thinking of changing the rear brake set-up.

Honestly, the stock parts work so well the best thing one can do is upgrade to the SS brake lines and Porterfield brake pads. The difference between my wife's LS with the SS lines and mine without convinced me to pop for the SS lines for my LS.

Here's a partial quote from Stoptech's findings.....

2000 Lincoln LS w/ Bridgestone Potenza S03 245/45/18, Leda Suspension shock absorbers, Porterfield R4S pads.

First Stop

Baseline 114.32

Stoptech Front only: 111.02

Stoptech 4 wheel: 112.25

Best 60-0 80-0 100-0

Baseline 108.93 194.91 310.96

Stoptech Front only: 107.97 193.30 308.07

Stoptech 4 wheel: 108.61 194.92 309.00

Average 60-0 80-0 100-0

Baseline 111.89 198.37 315.08

Stoptech Front only: 111.50 198.17 312.73

Stoptech 4 wheel: 111.63 198.69 314.48

And....

The Porterfield brake pads impressed Stoptech. They said that they stopped really well for basically a stock pad. They didn't fade even at 850 degrees F. Stock pads started to fade at 750 degress F.

The "bad" news with the Porterfields is initial bite is a little disconcerting. It feels like you're not going to stop in time one moment and the next you're stopped!! It takes a little getting used to.

Better pads and ss lines are a must, for such a cheap price, why wouldn't you.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ttod-Rotors-Sexiness&highlight=jaguar+caliper

this combined with ss lines , ceramic pads and r1 slotted rotors would be cheap and effective

A rear upgrade would still be desirable. The reason the rear rotors need to be vented is the amount of rear-brake bias the LS (and I imagine the S-Type also) has. I know my rear pads wear the same as the front pads. In my previous cars with solid rear rotors and the lacking the LSes anti-dive technology (giving the rear brakes more of the load than "normal") and weight distribution, my front pads had to be replaced at a 2 or 3-1 rate.

Don't underestimate the amount of work the rear brakes handle on the LS!!

str complete set up

Ok...just to let you guys know... I called and ordered a complete STR suspension drop out this morning from a salvage yard in VA.. $1200 ...the car is still complete. ..so it will take a few days for them to get it all removed,on a pallet, and shipped...not sure yet how much the shipping is gonna be... I am gonna try to swap as least amount as possible

Ok good. I think the 05-07 use a different knuckle since they don't come with brembo calipers, or I could be mistaken.

update...I am still waiting on AJ from the salvage yard to get the str parts shipped...shipping was quoted at only $250 freight to a business

its a 2004 s type R with blown engine and only 60k miles

So you got the knuckle, lower control arms, and k-member? Cause the Gen2 S-Type is completely different on those 3 things. The shocks also have a narrower mount on the lower control arm.

yes....I ordered a complete drop out... he said after they dropped it out complete...he would remove the engine and trans and ship... on the rear I only asked for the control arms,struts,spindles,sway bar,end links,calipers,rotors, and lines... I even asked for all the bolts...lol never know what all I might run into

yes....I ordered a complete drop out... he said after they dropped it out complete...he would remove the engine and trans and ship... on the rear I only asked for the control arms,struts,spindles,sway bar,end links,calipers,rotors, and lines... I even asked for all the bolts...lol never know what all I might run into

You'll need the complete drop-out for the front and no one has ever verified that the mount points to the body are the same. Hopefully it's a bolt-in deal. That would be nice.

On the rears you just need the knuckle and sway bar. Other then that it's the same suspension wise. Then just add your brake parts.

Staff online

Members online

Back