Jaguar STR brembo brakes

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody want any? Thinking about making the brackets for these.
Who's interested? Just so you know, some sets are going from 600-800, you'll need to buy rotors, and these also have an extra caliper for a parking brake, I'll have to make a bracket for that too. If there is enough interest, I'll probably order one front and one rear and rotors, then just sell them. It's just an idea, but throwing it out there.

Im confused lol

You're making brackets to fit jag str brembos on the LS?

Wish i'd known you were considering this. There was a full set of jag brembos for sale on ebay for like $380. A lil beat up, paint wise, but otherwise in good working order.

Oh and the reason i'm confused is because i thought running Jag brembos required a full suspension conversion as well. No one else thought to just make a bracket? Lol

Oh and the reason i'm confused is because i thought running Jag brembos required a full suspension conversion as well. No one else thought to just make a bracket? Lol

Just thought of this after I finished mocking up my brackets. I dont see why just a simple bracket wouldn't work. The brembos mount the same way as the ls calipers, but the ones I just did are radial vs the ls and brembo lug mount, seems easy enough in my head :D

I'd be totally in if I wasnt already working on big brakes.

Hummm look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Thanks and good luck with yours, those looks good too. Just seeing as these calipers are found easier than the direct swap jag calipers, plus they are brembos, I would've thought there would be people interested in them. If it doesn't happen oh well. I think I'll just have someone send me their one front and one rear and I wouldn't charge for labor or cost of material to make the final bracket. So seeing as how these got flooded with interest, thats how soon they'll be available haha.

Well the offer stands, first to contact me with serious interest gets free brackets for helping.

No go on these. Jag str brembos are too big to fit the ls, rotors is too big to even sit on the hub before hitting components. The size plus being lug mount calipers take up to much space and hit other components. Brembo does make radial mount caliper, the aftermarket gt and gtr( no not the Nissan gtr calipers, its a brembo "gtr" model). Most brembo oem calipers seem to be lug mount which makes it hard to fit one to the ls. Radial mount saves some space where the lug mounts take it up, that's probably the issues Brett ran into when originally getting me front brembos. So brembos up front are still a possibility, just not from an str or as an oem caliper.

I bought crap str rotor that was on its way to the trash and a seized str brembo caliper on ebay to test fit. I'm only out like 70 bucks so it's no big deal. I think later on I will contact a shop that has them in house so I can test fit those 6 pot radials and see if its possible to make a bracket for them instead of buying one to test fit, I doubt I will find a cheap enough gt/gtr caliper, plus any on ebay, even used, come as a kit. I will eventually have a uniform BBK , not this current mixed set up. I will either get those 6pot brembos up front, or move my current 4 pot wilwods to the rears and get 6 pot wilwoods up front. Yeah its over kill, but its damn sexy!

Just wanted to update for future reference.

Just for clarification

No go on these. Jag str brembos are too big to fit the ls, rotors is too big to even sit on the hub before hitting components. The size plus being lug mount calipers take up to much space and hit other components. Brembo does make radial mount caliper, the aftermarket gt and gtr( no not the Nissan gtr calipers, its a brembo "gtr" model). Most brembo oem calipers seem to be lug mount which makes it hard to fit one to the ls. Radial mount saves some space where the lug mounts take it up, that's probably the issues Brett ran into when originally getting me front brembos. So brembos up front are still a possibility, just not from an str or as an oem caliper.

I bought crap str rotor that was on its way to the trash and a seized str brembo caliper on ebay to test fit. I'm only out like 70 bucks so it's no big deal. I think later on I will contact a shop that has them in house so I can test fit those 6 pot radials and see if its possible to make a bracket for them instead of buying one to test fit, I doubt I will find a cheap enough gt/gtr caliper, plus any on ebay, even used, come as a kit. I will eventually have a uniform BBK , not this current mixed set up. I will either get those 6pot brembos up front, or move my current 4 pot wilwods to the rears and get 6 pot wilwoods up front. Yeah its over kill, but its damn sexy!

Just wanted to update for future reference.

I know I'm late to jump in on this topic...but please explain exactly why the factory s type r brembos won't work..? I have never met a challenge I couldn't resolve. .. if you would...please give more details for the swap being a failure

Guessing from his description and nothing else I am assuming that the hat depth on the STR caliper combined with the width of the caliper does not have enough room to fit on the knuckle before it hits the knuckle itself. If that is in fact the issue, then one possible solution is to use a shallower rotor, like off the newer Jag XF which IS known to fit the LS hub without fitment issues.

The 2nd generation S-Type did have a different front-end suspension design compared to the LS and 1st generation S-Type. The only thing that was the same was the upper control arm, although the STR had a different one for rigidity and changed suspension geometry.

The caliper are way too big and the rotors have too much offset, neither fits on the ls. The rotors have so much offset that they wont even mount on the hub, they hit a few inches before reaching the mounting surface. You could resolve the rotor issue by just using the right offset rotors, which I have set from my Wilwood BBk that I tried to also test fit with, but it still would not work. The caliper is so big that the two mounting tabs on the caliper hit the knuckle before fully sitting on the rotors. The design of the LS knuckle is wrong to the S type r caliper, it wont allow the rotor nor the caliper to fit.

Trust me, I did not try and make it fit as a "plug n play" direct bolt on part, it wont fit unless you use a different knuckle. The only way this could fit is if you use the s type r knuckles but then you would need pretty much the s type r front end suspension, costing a lot more than making your own BBK.

If you're set on having brembos off the s type r then this is your best bet
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...more-definitive-STR-suspension-upgrade-thread

Rear brembos fit, don't know if the s type r rear brembos, but in my frankenstine BBK set up, my rears are 4 pot brembos, from a Camaro I believe and my fronts are bigger 4 pot wilwoods. There is not much room for front calipers that are lug mount which is why I was given wildwood radial mount calipers instead. I think there are some 6/8 pot brembos that are radial mount so these might fit with the proper bracket.

These appear to be radial based on the bracket they show
https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...pi&.crumb=pw30j..u9uo&fr=yfp-t-319&fr2=sb-top

That's kinda what I was thinking.If the hat depth is reduced with the later model rotors will that allow enough room for the caliper to be adapted.? I should find specs of the depth...offset of various rotors which seems simple enough. But alex7 seems to be the only ls owner with a stock r type caliper in hand

Guessing from his description and nothing else I am assuming that the hat depth on the STR caliper combined with the width of the caliper does not have enough room to fit on the knuckle before it hits the knuckle itself. If that is in fact the issue, then one possible solution is to use a shallower rotor, like off the newer Jag XF which IS known to fit the LS hub without fitment issues.

Bingo. The rotor is only half the problem, the caliper itself will not fit either.

Thanks for the details... the concept sees like a no brainer... we (my work) fab c5 and c6 spindles to fit custom classic car frames... I thought for sure the stock ls spindle could be modified to accept the r type brembos. ..do you still have the stuck caliper laying around. .? I don't mean to be bother... but as you know. .These r type calipers can be had for so cheap the ability to fit them on an ls can't be impossible... or at least I would have to see it for my self...no offense. .. I do have some off a gt500 as well as 2010 camaro... I can try as a fall back plan

Give it a go, it would be great if someone could get it to work. You are a month too late, I got rid of it a few weeks ago sorry.

Dang...that's ok... I just recently got my car back on the road..and upgraded to 20's... I'll get one on order... I want to see what issues you encountered... since the rears will fit... I might just go ahead with a set...worst case scenario I'll have some really cool paper weights...right..?

they sell them on ebay , prices range from 400 to 600 for a set of 4 , just type Jaguar type r calipers

yea, lol I have some in my watch list. But I was looking on car-parts.com and think if I make a few calls should be able to find a better deal... I bought a set off there from an 08 srt8 last year with d&s rotors and stainless lines for $450.. If I can find a yard with both yrs of r types in question I could probably mix and match until I make something work... not banking on it working... but definitely gonna give it a shot... have you tried the 2010-up camaro brembos on the front..? aree they too big also..?

only reason he opted for Jaguar brembos are because the Ls was based off the jaguar s type so parts are kind of similar or less work has to be done to them for them to fit , i highly doubt brembos from any other company would fit the Ls without some serious modification

I'll come up with something to actually add to this thread... I have several options at my disposal. .. I'll stop high jacking now...sorry for that...but thanks a lot for the insight

look at the thread Lincoln Ls pictures and a member JRT recently added Jaguar Calipers to his Ls ( 14 inch rotors now ) , I have yet to find those type of calipers

Yeah... I've read all these brake threads...over and over... but.. I'm not satisfied with the ending of this story... I'll figure something out... 14"+ and 4 pistons...

Members online

Back