jaguar air intake

Ordered the brackets today; ~$45.... I have since cleaned it and it looks new! The logo is pressed from behind so grinding it down isn't really an option. So my reasonable options are leaving the growling cat or drill it out and replace it with a wheel center cap. I'm leaning strongly to leaving it as-is.

A Thunderbird owner created an amalgamation of the Jaguar and Thunderbird/LS Engine Covers that looks pretty cool.
MG_6836.jpg
See http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37875&highlight=Jaguar+Cover for a description of what was done.

Ed

MG_6836.jpg

Have a pic looking over the passengers side fender?

Yup..... Here you go. I OBVIOUSLY need detail the rest of the engine.....

Jag cover 1.jpg
Jag cover 2.jpg
Jag cover 3.jpg

I am leaning HEAVILY towards marrying the two covers..... As long as I can get comfortable with "plastic welding".

Jag cover 1.jpg

Jag cover 2.jpg

Jag cover 3.jpg

I'd be into the jaguar cover if it weren't for that cut-out to nowhere on the passengers side. I'm looking for a cover that isn't $50. Unfortunatly Gen2 s-types and LS' are rare in the junkyards here.

I'd be into the jaguar cover if it weren't for that cut-out to nowhere on the passengers side. I'm looking for a cover that isn't $50. Unfortunatly Gen2 s-types and LS' are rare in the junkyards here.

Which is why I'm leaning so heavily towards the "mating" option.

LS4me what are your plans for the K&N intake are you going to leave like that with the tape to cover the hole between the filter and the heatshield this is what i did....IMAG1260.jpgIMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1260.jpg

IMAG1261.jpg

LS4me what are your plans for the K&N intake are you going to leave like that with the tape to cover the hole between the filter and the heatshield this is what i did....View attachment 828464734View attachment 828464735

OK....... Spill the beans..... What did you use? I just used some aluminum tape I had laying around from installing my dryer tubing. Your's looks so much cleaner!

I got mine off ebay. Just keep looking as it could take a week or three. Also, from what I've seen, $50 (shipped) is pretty good and a new one is ~$100.

I cancelled the brackets so will start to cut either today or tomorrow or soon.

OK....... Spill the beans..... What did you use? I just used some aluminum tape I had laying around from installing my dryer tubing. Your's looks so much cleaner!

I used same material as Lee for the Heatshield the rubber trim i got it in HOME DEPOT.

I got mine off ebay. Just keep looking as it could take a week or three. Also, from what I've seen, $50 (shipped) is pretty good and a new one is ~$100.

There's a new one for $63 on ebay and another for $115. I guess i'll see if the cheaper guy will take an offer of $50.

I replaced my intake tract with aftermarket after my first trip to Maxton. And directly thereafter I also installed the cat-back exhaust system from Magnaflow.

There was NO difference in performance after the changes as measured by the time/MPH slips. The sound difference was both significant and welcome. I did get slightly better gas mileage after the changes---a best of 26 MPG coming to Metro Detroit from Chicago.

When I finally get around to installing the pair of turbos that're in a box on the shelf, I'm sure the parts I now have will provide worthwhile raw material for the necessary fabrication.

KS

When I finally get around to installing the pair of turbos that're in a box on the shelf, I'm sure the parts I now have will provide worthwhile raw material for the necessary fabrication.
KS

Not gonna lie, I read NONE of your post besides this... GO ON.....

I started a rather lengthy thread titled 'Land Speed LS' several years ago. You'll find it in the HP section. The car is still my daily driver but the racing has taken a decided back-seat to more important things like food and shelter during the most recent past.

I'm eternally hopeful of being able to dive back into things. I'll drop in here every so often in hopes to be able to go on with the story!

KS

UPDATE:

I didn't do a very good job cutting the hole in the stock cover so will have quite a bit of "body" work to do. Here's an in-progress pic:

P1182580.jpg
P1212588.JPG
P1212587.JPG

I don't know why the pictures are sideways. They aren't in my folder.....

P1182580.jpg

P1182583.jpg

P1212587.JPG

P1212588.JPG

I do like how it looks, even in it's rough-cut version.

Getting there...... That's black silicone on the passenger side to fill in my crappy cutting job....

P1262589.jpg
P1262590.jpg

P1262589.jpg

P1262590.jpg

Members online

Back