JAG susp on LS??, YES, it fits!!!

eduardoe

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i search for info about these topic but couldnt fin the right answer so i decided to do it my self with the risk that involves....

First i bought 4 bilstein shocks for a 2002 JAG s type sport, after 10 days they finally arrive ti mexico city.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2029/amort1.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3305/amort2.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6862/amort3.jpg

Second, we remove my car shocks (2006 ls) they wer EXACTLY the same sizes, so we tryed to install them, but when we were ready to mount the original springs in the new shock, "disaster"!!, the lower part of the spring was smaller than the mount on the new shock... so i ran into the internet and ordered a set of 4 H&R springs for a jag s type R...

another 10 days, and finally i received the springs, and once again we start with the mount on the car... this time with no problems, the jag springs with the jag shocks fit perfectly in the ls chasis an suspension (arms and shock mounts).

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8427/amort5.jpg

So finally my LS handles like a sport suspension BMW, the ride is EXCELLENT!!! and the body roll disapear on normal driving and is minimum in a track.

This is ths suspension this car, in the sport model should have.

regrets from Mexico City!

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/963/amort4.jpg

By chance does the new springs you put on make it any lower/higher? I would guess the same height but just thought I'd throw it out there..

By chance does the new springs you put on make it any lower/higher? I would guess the same height but just thought I'd throw it out there..

the springs set where for a Jag S type R, and they are supposed to lower the JAG R about 1.4 front and 1.2 rear, idont know how much the car went down (maybe about 2"), but it looks like a lot... but it also look great.

ls2.jpg

ls1d.jpg

By eduardoescarpita at 2011-06-30

I need to see some full side shots of the cars. I m getting ready to do shocks and springs and would like to see how the car sits with these. Did you use the lincoln tops strut mounts?

Also did you have any issues with the front lower shock mount? I know wosmeone said there was some play in the lower bushing and the ls mount on the control arm

I need to see some full side shots of the cars. I m getting ready to do shocks and springs and would like to see how the car sits with these. Did you use the lincoln tops strut mounts?

YES THE SAME, i posted some pictures in the last post.

Also did you have any issues with the front lower shock mount? I know wosmeone said there was some play in the lower bushing and the ls mount on the control arm

NOpe, no problem exactly the same sizes.

NOpe, no problem exactly the same sizes.

Any problems with the shocks bottoming out over bumps? Any noticable NVH issues?

Do you have a full side picture on level ground without it being in a puddle? Hard to judge the drop/look :)

the springs set where for a Jag S type R, and they are supposed to lower the JAG R about 1.4 front and 1.2 rear, idont know how much the car went down (maybe about 2"), but it looks like a lot... but it also look great.

Ola Edwardo,

There is a way for you to know exactly how much your car went down.
You measure the height of the car from the ground to the highest
part of the roof.

Your 2006 LS came from the factory with height measurement of:

56.1 inches tall or 1425mm tall

Take a measurement and deduct your numbers from the
factory measurements above. Then let us know.

Ren/Octane

It looks like it lowered the car in general - about Eibach distance.

That's pretty cool, good work.

stupid question but are the shocks and springs the same for 01 ls and 06 ls

if you want you can laugh :q:q:q:q it ill laugh at myself

hahahaha (feelin kinda sad now I laughed at myself) :(

Yeah, sport shock as the same for all years, base shock are the same for all years. Springs are the same too.

Looks like it was dropped on eibachs but i bet it rides smoother.

H&R springs are $300 from TireRack so that puts them in the same ballpark as Eibachs.

The B4's are around $110/ea and the B6's are around $170/ea. That's pretty cool that there is a stock sport-type replacement as well as the HD option. According to a lot of the bimmer forums the B6 (HD) might be harsh for a normal ride. They are evidently great for performance though.

So, 4 corners starts around $800-ish and goes to $1100-ish, depending upon where you buy and shipping, etc.

I'd still like to see a pic of it on flat dry ground though. It looks like his front tire is in about an inch of water.

damn easily a g for the shocks and eibach springs

I think ill just go with the oem sport shocks and eibach springs think that will be a better price range.

the ones on lskoncept are those motorcraft or what?

Yeah, sport shock as the same for all years, base shock are the same for all years. Springs are the same too.

I swear i learn something new everyday on here!

So us guys without eibachs should do this instead ? sounds good to me lowers the car and with new jag parts is always good.

damn easily a g for the shocks and eibach springs

I think ill just go with the oem sport shocks and eibach springs think that will be a better price range.

the ones on lskoncept are those motorcraft or what?

Yes they are. I bought some from www.carpartswholesale.com but they sent me the wrong shocks. They sent me two euro shocks another one which I haven't been able to identify the number. I'm returning them tomorrow to get the correct ones from them.

Euro shocks? If that's true, you might be able to sell it for a profit since those are discontinued and cant be found anywhere

Members online

No members online now.
Back