Jag S-type Supercharger on my LS?

IrishV8LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone looked into what it would take to swap the supercharger from a Jag S-Type R to a LS?

"for more info, see Land Speed LS in the HP section"

-cammerfe

yes it will work

just wear pants with DEEP pockets when you go to buy all the parts, let alone tuning.

I would be interested in supercharging as well. I remember a thread on it somewhere....

I would be interested in supercharging as well. I remember a thread on it somewhere....

i was wondering if swapping the top end would bolt up with less engineering than you had to do.If i could i would build like you did, but its a bit beyond my ability, also i think it would be a bit more streetable. Plus I have access the the company that builds the Factory Type R racecars for Jaguar for engineering help and tuning.

when we started - we did look at it, in fact the first one built used the S-type R pieces. it was very expensive ($7k for parts - not a lot of used parts so kitting was an issue). It was not a simple drop on, the intake ports did match up to the jag's manifold but the rest was difficult - including we couldn't close the stock hood (the jag must have a slightly higher hood line).

the dual liquid-to-air intercoolers are cool. If fact - the supercharger thread actually started with someone who bought a jag setup off e-bay... but never heard from him again.

Everything lines up on a Gen2 but the runners on the SC manifold have different flanges, cut em, weld new ones, cut your hood open then deal with all the sensor BS

if you mean 'including the heads' - it won't work. The jag heads are different, including a single-step VVT. mating it to the LS PCM would but beyond what tuners can do - maybe SCT directly.

I dont know if it would work but you could look into a Megasquirt standalone ECU..?

well - there lots of threads on the PCM, swaps and standalones -
- the LS has 7 seperate computers which all communicate via a bus. So the REM, FEM, door, TC, Dash, PCM, ....etc all work as a networked system.

could someone get it to work - $maybe$....

if you do not need a streetlegal car - the pull out all the LS stuff and re-wire just what you need - like we do for race cars. but if you want to keep the LS dash, PATS, ...etc - it will not be easy.

The Jaguar S Type R engine does NOT have VVT. The regular 4.2L Jaguar engine does. Not many people know this. I did not until I purchased one. If you read the sales literature very closely it is stated. But they really don't document it very well. It's a shame to because the blower Jag could easily gain 25+Hp and TQ with the VVT.

good to know. It makes sense - since the VVT complicates the tuning so much.

if you really want the jag 4.2......go to
http://www.ridesafely.com and buy an XJR insurance wreck. Then you get all the pieces you want. Plus you can part out the crap you don't want on ebay. Seats, glass, extra lights, dash, exhaust, etc.....

Members online

Back