Jag Big Brake Install

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got my front Jag big brakes installed. One hitch was that I am using the existing stock hydraulic lines. I had to file the caliper and grind one side of the line to get them to fit. Other than that, they for great. I really scratched up the paint on my pssenger side getting the clip installed.
After bleeding and doing the break in procedure, I really noticed a marked improvement in stopping power....they look pretty good too!!!

C7A55A40-C526-4208-9156-79EBFBDC94AD.jpeg

8C9D0D66-6C8B-4311-B3E0-F2F097275DB4.jpeg

3B68EE89-5E6A-43B1-A4E9-297B9F40A6E6.jpeg

Power Stop stainless braided lines for the Jag might be a better option... and further improvement. The front lines for an LS will work... but are a little shorter. However... with careful routing... it is a non issue.

I see you went with actual Jag calipers. The stock LS calipers work too... with just a bracket change to the Jag version.

Power Stop stainless braided lines for the Jag might be a better option... and further improvement. The front lines for an LS will work... but are a little shorter. However... with careful routing... it is a non issue.

I see you went with actual Jag calipers. The stock LS calipers work too... with just a bracket change to the Jag version.
Thanks! Yeah, I had to reroute the Brake line around the shock. Also need to do some paint touch ups...and get a set of rears.

Yes, these are the 355mm rotors from the R, requiring the R calipers and brackets. The S-type Sport used the same caliper on a taller bracket for the 320mm rotor. The LS/base S-type has 300mm on the front

The R also had a 320mm rear rotor, whereas all others had the 288.

And last piece, the 03-05 R and the 06+ R had the same rotor diameters, but very different calipers. We need the 06+ non-Brembos

Probably a stupid question but would these brakes be to big for the stock 16" wheels?

Jag StR 18s barely fit and some aftermarket 18s won't clear either due to ribs/fins/steps inside the barrel

The 320mm rears fit in stock 17s though

Members online

No members online now.
Back