Ivory 98 LSC

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but I can only assume this car is in pristine condition. An 88 year old lady with an 98 LSC with 38k on the clock. All maintenance done by Lincoln. She had a stroke and cannot get her licence renewed. The son wants $7450 for it and I cannot get him to budge. I can only assume that this is an excellent car. You think the price is worth it?

I just paid $3400 for my 97 LSC with 41k on the clock. All service records as well. I think if you look you'll find a better deal. Seems that he wants 'book' for the car, even though the market doesn't support it.

Personally No it's to high for me. But it does have low miles and it could be in good shape .... but .... not being driven much it may need some work.

Unless you have to have it, I would let him throw it on the market so it can sit for a bit. Might kick a little reality into him...or someone with too much cash will snatch it up.

Course, you could always just go right to the mom and make an offer and promise to keep it in perfect shape.

walk away, you cant fix stupid.

the market doest support his price

he'll get half of that at an estate auction

also dont get wound up over low miles

these cars dont like "sitting"

chances are the air ride will crap shortly after going back into service.

just read the horror stories from vars sitting for a single winter..
now imagine that...times 14!

I bought mine for 6800 with 45 on the clock.... maybe its just me but I got tired of trying to fix beat ass marks so I bought the nicest one i could find for a bit more money.

Keep shopping and wait him out.

My 98 Ivory base, Local Dealer sold new, full local dealer records, one owner Senior male driven,
53,000 miles...paid $3400.

Gawd you guys find great deals. :mad:
I JUST paid $3800 for one with 88K on it and a dent.

The price is high according to this forum... but if that was on Ebay it would fetch close to the asking price. I would pay that price if it was mint!

The price is high according to this forum... but if that was on Ebay it would fetch close to the asking price. I would pay that price if it was mint!

Ebay is full of stupid people with too much money that get into the bidding war hype...

LVC users are much smarter as a whole than Ebay users.

That's like comparing.. Apples, to Orange Juice.

I paid $2200 for my 98 LSC with a clearcoat problem, blend door issue and a couple badly repaired dings and thought I got a deal...you guys make me feel like I screwed the pooch LOL

Kirk paid more for a Mark with all those issues plus some, the further north you go the more $$ they are worth.

Kirk paid more for a Mark with all those issues plus some, the further north you go the more $$ they are worth.

I am happy with what I paid.
Its not worth $4200 in FL, maybe $2800 if you can find a blk/blk gen 2.
He threw in the x-cal which is worth $200 so I guess I paid $4000

But start including travel time, hotel, plane tickets or transport costs and $2800 turns into $4000 in a hurry.

To me a rust free straight starting point is worth 2k all day long.
But I lived with rust my whole life.
I know the kid believes now after working on this FL car.
Plus I knew the kid would buff it right up.

bought mine 3 yrs with 58xxx and still smelled new, for 8,000

Ebay is full of stupid people with too much money that get into the bidding war hype...

LVC users are much smarter as a whole than Ebay users.

That's like comparing.. Apples, to Orange Juice.

This is the exact reason I will sell my 41,000 mile '98 Mark on eBay next month.. might as well get the most I can, right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back