It's been a long time ...

JayAchTee

LVC Member
Reaction score
... since I've been hanging about (my son's Gen I SBC to LT-1 has been pressing) but I am thinking about adding a new Mark to the family. I have found a white (uck! but a Marks a Mark) '96 with all options in my area. I took it to a mechanic I trust and he ran diagnostics on the engine, transmission and suspension. All is clean and operating properly. He checked the under carriage and there is almost no rust except for the a few spots on the exchaust system.

The one thing that bothers me is that there is a rattle coming from high up behind the rear seat. I'm thinking maybe some of the amp mounts have broken and it's rattling around back there. Is that a common issue? Any other ideas?

My '95 is solid as a rock so this is new to me.

Thanks, in advance.

No idea but have a look back there. The amp is mounted on a plastic shelf, below the parcel shelf. Accessed via the trunk. Failing that, could be that your rear shock mounts are worn. (quite common)

its most likely your upper shock mounts in the rear.They are rubber and deteriorate over time.Search for threads on this and youll find lots of ways to very easily take care of this.I replaced my rear shocks and fixed my problem right away.good luck

Thank's for the input ... I just got back inside from checking things out and actually it's both problems! The amp is bouncing around on its shelf and the rear shock mount are "thunking" pretty bad.

Guess I have a "price point" here! Again, thanks for the input.

Members online

No members online now.
Back