It's been a good day

loomis22

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today some kid driving a newer civic took a double take at my car as I pulled into the bank parking lot. He was at the ATM and I saw him do it. I got out of the car and walked up to the ATM as he was coming out and he was like "wow that's a sweet car." I just said thanks and went about my day. It's nice to hear from strangers that you have a nice car, especially from ricers that wouldn't give someone the time of day unless they were also driving a rice-mobile lol :p. Just thought I would share ;).

Yea i love the random stranger comments, though I feel like a douche sharing any of them, lol.

A couple weeks ago someone talked at me at a stoplight about how my lights should not be that dark. You can still see the brakelights through them so I guess some people just gunna hate.

lol, i got a compliment last week. He said it was super clean, rarely see's them around here and that they dont make like they used to, i held my tongue on the last comment. And that was w/ the chipped stockers and a little salt on it. Can't wait till i can put my wheels back on and wax it.

But hearing things like that will brighten anybodys day.

Yea i love the random stranger comments, though I feel like a douche sharing any of them, lol.

Well you should cause your car is a beast and I'm sure you get comments all day long :p j/k. My car is not a beast so I thought it was cool, and it was really the first time I got compliments from a random person.

A couple weeks ago someone talked at me at a stoplight about how my lights should not be that dark. You can still see the brakelights through them so I guess some people just gunna hate.

Yeah let 'em hate. If you can see the lights then there isn't a problem.

I think random appreciation make for good stories. I know my car is nowhere near as nice as most here so I'm certainly not trying to gloat so, sorry if I come off as a douche. It was just a nice start to the day.

I was filling up at the pump a few days ago and the guys next to me asked me how I like my Lincoln. I told him that I loved it and he goes on to say that he heard the new Lincolns were really nice. I had to share with him that mine was an '02, to which he was shocked, and then told him I'm sure the new ones are nice too! ;)

I saw a couple guys in a blue Gen II stopped by my car at Best Buy checking it out. They drove off before I got into it but they swung around again to look at it. They must not have seen me get into it because they looked suprised when I was sitting in it and waved. We were both heading the same direction when we left and they were hanging back checking it out. Unitl I hopped in to the interstate.

It is nice to get compliments, I don't care to give them either. If I see a XFR, M5,S5 or S8 I'll give them a thumbs up or tell them I like it.

This thread made me remember something I had meant to post...

Some guy was walking out of the gas station a couple weeks ago and as he walked by said "I didn't know they put V8s in Buicks". It caught me off guard but he pointed to my V8 badges. Then it registered that he was mistaking my LS for a Buick!

I said "they didn't and this is a Lincoln" he said "oh... well they sure put V8s in those..."

He then proceeded to tell me about the V8 in his Grand Prix GXP or whatever model it was.

I also had a kid at Wendy's tell me I had a nice car and then proceeded to tell me he had a 9 second Eclipse... Enough said.

I saw a couple guys in a blue Gen II stopped by my car at Best Buy checking it out. They drove off before I got into it but they swung around again to look at it. They must not have seen me get into it because they looked suprised when I was sitting in it and waved. We were both heading the same direction when we left and they were hanging back checking it out. Unitl I hopped in to the interstate.

It is nice to get compliments, I don't care to give them either. If I see a XFR, M5,S5 or S8 I'll give them a thumbs up or tell them I like it.

some kid asked me if i wanted to sell my car hahaha

when i went to ford to get my window regulator about 5 employees (mechanics and sales reps mixed) were standing around outside when i pulled up they all stopped talking and were just starring at my car, they didn't say anything so it coulda been wow that bitch is ugly, or goddamn thats a nice lookin LS

but i've also gotten the damn this is an 03 when i tell em the year

some kid asked me if i wanted to sell my car hahaha

when i went to ford to get my window regulator about 5 employees (mechanics and sales reps mixed) were standing around outside when i pulled up they all stopped talking and were just starring at my car, they didn't say anything so it coulda been wow that bitch is ugly, or goddamn thats a nice lookin LS

but i've also gotten the damn this is an 03 when i tell em the year

From you're sig its hard to tell which they could've been saying..If you lowered it, it would've def been "goddamn thats a nice lookin LS"

I like these stories. It comes in spurts. It had been a while since anybody had really said anything or even looked, then last week it seemed like I couldn't get two miles without somebody giving me props. My brother lives in downtown Dallas half a block from the American Airlines Center. We were sitting in front of his building and as people walked to the Stars game several of them stared like they were trying to figure out what kind of car it is. Then a guy in a Chrysler 300 whipped into where we were parked and was wanting to know where he could get the wheels. He had a stock white 300. That's usually what everybody wants to know about. Wheels first and then the angel eyes. When I start giving them websites and telling them I bought everything online I can see their dreams dying...lol

No, I just decided not to post the comment..In a nutshell it was saying maybe they were checking it out for all the wrong reasons.

That thought crossed my mind too but it was broad daylight in a crowded parking lot. There was probably 20-30 people walking in/out of the store, not in a bad area either (although I know robberies happen everywhere).

Since there are not many modded LSs around where I live I would be willing to bet they were checking out the differences between their V6 and mine. They didn't get out of the car, a couple teenagers.

I got a bunch of looks the past week or so. Pull into a parking lot with angel eyes on definitely draws attention. Then, to show them how classy the car is, I roll down the window and reach my arm out to use the door handle. Because the inside one is broke.

And Saturday, the drivers window reg broke. Now I get to crawl out the passenger side door.

Pektel
Did the regulator actually break? Can you still hear it running up and down? It may just be the little plastic piece that hold the window on the regulator has popped out. So the window won't go up and down. You may know all this already, but it has happened to me on both my 02 and 06. It's like a half hour fix.

Lmao. Maybe 0-60 in 9 seconds :p.

Well theres a chance he does have a 9 second eclipse, I know guy here in Ohio with a 7.5 or so second Talon. These cars can be very fast with out a bottle... No one likes to give them credit because there are more of them out there with a body kit wing and fart can than there are with actual mods.

I blame the compaines who make all the pointless parts for civics and other tuners

If somebody calls a lincoln a buick they are just plain stupid.

how can you mistake a lincoln star for the buick logo??

I blame the douches that buy that crap and put it on. If they didn't buy it, no one would make it.

Oh and I get the nice buick comment and sometimes hateful stares from other mark owners.

yeah they aren't to bright either, but some things just should't be available for idiots to buy....

Members online

No members online now.
Back