Is your Mark VIII your Daily Driver?

Is your Mark VIII your Daily Driver?

• Yes

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
No the one I have now is just a Hot Rod. But I did have three other Marks that were DD over 16 years.

No, Would have been interesting tonight if it was, Hit some Black Ice doing 50m.p.h. got to use both shoulders twice trying to get my truck straightened out.

Mine was until winter. Since my heater core went bad I've been driving my other car.

It used to be, then it broke and I started daily driving my Crown Vic. Now I'm modding the crap out of the Mark, and I'll probably daily it unless the pavement has any hint of moisture on it. Or unless I need a 4 door or to haul some stuff around.

mine is my daily until i get another car, or get mine supercharged. If i get it blown before i get another car, ill just have to drive my girlfriends piece of chit buick regal as a dd.

The '97 LSC is my wife's dd. She absolutely loves that car. My '96 has never really been a true daily driver. Back when I was single and actually had money to spend frivolously, I always had an extra couple of vehicles to drive in case one broke down. That is until I got married and had kids and don't have any extra money anymore. Now I've only got one extra. 'Cause that's all we can afford. So now I alternate between the Mark and my '94 Exploder. Even not being a dd, I've averaged 13.5K a year on the Mark since I got it.

Mine was then was not and now it is again. But if I ever get around to getting the trans replaced in the Miss SUV the Mark will be a daily driver again. So I answered No on the poll since its more of a back up car.

Mine has been my DD since I bought it two years ago. I like driving it too much to drive anything else everyday.

mines my dd ever since i owned my gen 1 and then i sold that and then i just have this until i get my yukon for my girls and my dogg

the ole girl was till we got the exploder, but she cant handle the mark because its too big ;) so no more DD and she can rest, besides the 100k i put on her was rough

Mine used to be. Drove it for just a hair over a year.. then deer.

My Mark did great even in snow. Surprisingly. I think it's because the front end acted like a snowplow when the nose dropped! LOL

got a 96LX T-bird as my daily and my 95LSC Mark as my weekend get a way!!!or just incase one breaks i've got a back up:)

DD for me, I got my 96' for 1K from a friend who was tired of picking me up for work. His Mark had the cell light on and needed a IAC to pass inspection so he unloaded it to me. Was just a temp car that wound up lasting 100k pretty much:confused:

It did teach me about the crank trigger for a winter where I had to pic this up as a DD
CIMG1684.jpg

Sold it for more than I got it for plus it got 20mpg on regular :D
Then the 96' trans wet the bed and I upgraded to a 98' Gen2 and continue using it as my DD even tho Premium is sucking me dry :mad:

Eh...yeah,unless I feel like spending the gas on our 95 LT4 Impala SS-Lingenfelter edition. :-D

Mine don't either unless I drive it but I don't and it just sits while I drive the company truck ( who can be free gas ). I'm in the same boat on wanting a mint condition mk8 but rather have a 96 lsc with a new 5.0.

HUh? :confused:
96 LSC with new 5.0?
Did I miss a techie meeting somewhere?

The new 5.0 is a nice and lighter MOD engine and would swap in place pretty much. What was it making now 440hp or something like that:confused:

OK so how much Mod would be needed to jump to the new 5.0 platform? I would assume a hole new CPu setup is required, how many goodies would we loose control of?

time to Use that ummm what was it? Search feature ... lol

when my engine blows up that is the replacement i am going with...

I would almost say screw waiting for my engine to blow up :rolleyes:
Sept I have a spare 96' engine siting in my garage so I would rebuild it with Manley internals and some boost :cool:

Also I thought I saw that you could get the 5.0 from Ford complete with ECU and harness but I don't remember where I saw that deal from :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back